PDA

View Full Version : Where do I find cheap mullet for sale?

fisho
30-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Hi

Where can I find cheap mullet for sale (bait)? Brisbane or Sunshine Coast area.

Thx

fisho

Lucky_Phill
30-11-2009, 04:24 PM
at this time of year ya pushing it. :-/

There will be some frozen stuff about, but prices will be up. :(

You need to shop for bait ' seasonally ".

I and many others search out Mullet when they come in numbers..... from about July/ August onwards. cheap and plentiful. Suppose ya have to have a lot of freezer room to store a years supply though. ;D

Most tackle shops will stock it, but check for freezer burn etc.

Blackened
30-11-2009, 04:36 PM
G'day

Try the big fish markets like raptis and seafood house.

Dave

fez
30-11-2009, 07:58 PM
fisho,

Morgans had it yesterday (whole) for $2.99 kg, not as much as earlier this year though.

fez

mattooty
30-11-2009, 09:13 PM
On the sunshine coast I'd be checking out Pt Cartwright Seafood and Marsay Bros Seafood. Not sure whether they'd be the cheapest but I know exactly where their stock came from and I can testify to the quality of it.

LBGaddict
01-12-2009, 04:54 PM
On the sunshine coast I'd be checking out Pt Cartwright Seafood and Marsay Bros Seafood. Not sure whether they'd be the cheapest but I know exactly where their stock came from and I can testify to the quality of it.

yeah the stock came straight out of some poor jew's mouth, the netters down there need to find themselves a high rafter, a crate and a noose

Wahoo
01-12-2009, 08:13 PM
well i would'nt want to pay too much for this one ;D ;D :P :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/Mullet_Blonde-Wig.jpg

Braddles
05-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Yeun's Asian Grocer at Sunnybank's Market Square = the seafood section / room out the back - Awesome array of "baits" (fish frames for pots, mullet, whiting, green prawns, squid etc etc) at very reasonable prices