PDA

View Full Version : close reefs

shano
29-11-2009, 06:22 PM
just wondering if there is any close to shore reefs around brissie, i think i read somewhere there was some at vic point, or something! i only got a little 3.7m tinnie with a 15 hp on it. only 1.4m beam and shallow sides. cheers guys.

GBC
30-11-2009, 04:40 AM
Peel is. (watch the green zones) and Scarborough reef would be starters - don't know much about Vic point but there's some off the noth end of Macleay....

Claras rocks in the river is reefy - ish?

oldboot
30-11-2009, 11:27 AM
There is quite a lot of reef about..........wellington point is a reef, believe it or not.
eastern side of Green.......yeh peel.......all that area out in front of cleveland point and raby bay has chunks of reef in it............that whole side of the bay is coffee rock and coral, unless it has been burried in sand.

may no be what you envisage as reef... but it is.

cheers

shano
30-11-2009, 09:26 PM
yeah i used to go to peal alot but that was when i had my bigger boat! dont know if i have the balls to go over in this boat! it would have to be calm! i always put in at cleavland point boat ramp. is there a quicker ramp to peal and also is there a site that says the new green zones for there.?

gr hilly
30-11-2009, 11:17 PM
yes when your in a little boat heading back to cleveland and your looking for the tops of the pines, it can get hairy wet glasses cant see its fishing, when your hooked in the corner of your mouth the weather dont matter just the location where you fish. peel should be ok mate if your worried ware your life jacket.
tight lines hilly.

ozscott
01-12-2009, 07:38 AM
thats beautiful

shano
01-12-2009, 09:44 PM
yes when your in a little boat heading back to cleveland and your looking for the tops of the pines, .

yep i always try to find those pines on the way back. is cleveland point the quickest ramp to peal?

shano
01-12-2009, 09:49 PM
There is quite a lot of reef about..........wellington point is a reef, believe it or not.
eastern side of Green.......yeh peel.......all that area out in front of cleveland point and raby bay has chunks of reef in it............that whole side of the bay is coffee rock and coral, unless it has been burried in sand.

may no be what you envisage as reef... but it is.

cheers
wellington point is the one i was thinking of! what markers does this one have or is it just local knowledge?

ozscott
01-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Yep quickest way in a nice sea...not the quickest I reckon when its as rough as in a small craft (then going south might be better).

Cheers

Angla
01-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Scarborough reefs would be the closest reefs I have been. Then all the way down the front of Redcliffe and Margate.

I have seen some damn nice snapper from this area too

Cheers
Chris

charlie09
01-12-2009, 10:50 PM
[QUOTE][quote=Angla;1103714]Scarborough reefs would be the closest reefs I have been. Then all the way down the front of Redcliffe and Margate.

I have seen some damn nice snapper from this area too.

And once again watch out for the green zones that are marked by yellow markers south of Scarborough.

Cheers