PDA

View Full Version : dumb boaties

rosco1974
29-11-2009, 10:42 AM
went out this mornin to pick up my pots i left out overnite,the forcast was shithouse so took my oldman with me in my 20ft boat,got just out manly harbour and was greeted by 3/4mtr - 1 mtr:-/ so punched through it to and picked my pots up got 6 keepers returned to ramp this is where i was amazed by the size of boats going out with small kids onboard,1 boat was bout 14 ft half cab glass boat with 2 kids bout 5 -7 yr old the oldman asked how it was out and i told him it was ordinary but still was going even though the kids and wife wern't keen:o then in another boat there was 2 blokes and a kid bout 4yr old in a 13ft centre console tinny >:( hope these people get back safe but why bother going with the forcast to get worse by lunch time,
it really pissed me off to see this

cheers rosco

Angla
29-11-2009, 11:23 AM
You cannot help some people. They are just accidents waiting to happen. They may just have a good time and get back safely too. We would all hope that.

Cheers
Chris

Tim Robinson
29-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Maybe the Aussie way of always understating ( in this case your use of "ordinary") is not such a great idea when peoples safety is at risk. perhaps a " not a day to be out there even in this boat" or a " to dangerous for me mate! "would have been better while still not telling him his an idiot.

rosco1974
29-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Maybe the Aussie way of always understating ( in this case your use of "ordinary") is not such a great idea when peoples safety is at risk. perhaps a " not a day to be out there even in this boat" or a " to dangerous for me mate! "would have been better while still not telling him his an idiot.
to be honest mate,wind was blowing 15- 20 knots at this stage gustin to prob 25 knots dont think anyone should have to say anything other than ordinary,he would of seen the whitecaps driving to the ramp ,his call i guess