PDA

View Full Version : Borumba?

trekkadog
26-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Hello all. I don't get on here enough and appreciate this has probably been covered many times. A mate at work has suggested heading to Borumba this w/end for a family getaway staying at Deer Park before the Christmas onslaught. Haven't fished it yet but have heard and read great reports.
Firstly are there Redclaw and wheres the best spot to target them and second how far away from the ramp before you hit good 'fishy'water.
thank you for any tips.

Trekkadog

BR65
26-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Cant comment on the redclaw, but 5 mins from the ramp will see you in fishy water.
Spend an extra 5 mins and you will be up the back in either of the arms, heavilly timbered and no skiers.

BR65
26-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Pics attached :)

Apollo
28-11-2009, 06:15 AM
My first fishing spot is 30m from the ramp and some of my biggest fish are less than a minute from the ramp. I have seen quiet a few caught from the rock wall beside the ramp. Unfortunately you have to get there before the pond lice turn up as Brian said. Heaps of fishy spots everywhere you look.

Steve

greenie.77
29-11-2009, 08:12 AM
I went there this time last year for my first time. We fished 2 days and struggled. My brother got 4 or 5 toga but we only got 1 small bass.

After being there I thought about what I did wrong. I personally changed my lure far too much but I should have gone with a fairly small 35mm or so 'quiet' lure River 2 sea Bubble pop would be my suggestion, work the lure super slow. one member wrote up about them not long after and what he said made a lot of sense, he said the toga work over a 'patch',this is their turf, so if you see them feeding, tie up to a tree and really work the area over for 30-40 mins. It made a lot of sense and I wish I had of applied all this when I fished there. Good luck If I'm not too late.

trekkadog
29-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Well guys, didn't end up with any fish and not much better on redclaw. Mainly due to little time on water. On positive side, all time was spent in Yabba creek and daughter and wife loved it... So now have great spot to leave family whilst I can go out and explore the beautiful lake.'
Thanks for the tips and they'll be put to very good use in many future trips. :)

darylive
29-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Glad you enjoyed it mate. Now do the right thing and keep it to yourself