PDA

View Full Version : GPS for MV

dnej
26-11-2009, 04:20 PM
What features do you look for in a GPS for a motor vehicle.
David

bluefin59
26-11-2009, 05:49 PM
We went for the tom tom for the car only because the letters you use to find street names where bigger than the navman which my clumsy fingers couldnt get to work right ,also our 's has bluetooth so you can recieve calls hands free ...matt

FNQCairns
26-11-2009, 08:04 PM
I still dunno much about them although a few lines down in this forum I asked a question there is a link to a unit that seems to do it all.

cheers fnq

Chimo
26-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Buy an Aldi unit and if you don't get satisfaction get your money back.

had a small one first and the speaker wasn't quite right so took it back and got a refund then bought the big one (4.2) and its fine. Updates of the map etc are free via your computor too.

They seem to have the features of the more expensive units for a lot less money and the tea leaves seem to want the name brands too.

Cheers
Chimo

honda900
27-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Dnej,

dont forget the option of one in your mobile phone, if you are due for a new one you might consider that option as well, all in one device that generally is on you at all times (your car wont get broken into).

otherwise, tom tom or navman seem to be the go, the Garmin maps are a little cludgy compared to the whereis gear. $300.00 should get you something to get from A to B, the 6-800 mark dont seem to have enough to justify there value (to me at least).

Ps, I am waiting for another one that has a wireless reversing camera for putting the boat in and hooking up the trailer etc. there are a couple on the market but a bit expensive ATM.

Regards
Honda.

Chimo
27-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Gees Honda the Aldi ones are about half the price of your 300 a to b model and they do more than go a to b.

And no, I dont have shares in Aldi but I sure would like some to go with my woolies ones

$800 for a car gps, hell I'd rather get the UBD out for that much dough!

Cheers
Chimo

honda900
27-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Yes mate, go the aldi and truly they probly work just as well.

Regards
HOnda.