PDA

View Full Version : Hittin the dams!

BREAMBOSS01
26-11-2009, 02:36 PM
hello all hittin the waterways around western queensland in a couple of weeks. as im going to stay with my grandparents for a couple of weeks at monto.

well be chasing redclaw and any fishes around landbased, ill be taking a 2-4kg plastics spin rod and a 4-7kg spin rod larger plastics and hardbodies. along with a couple of surface lures and small bibbed lures.( what plastics would be worth a look for bass silver perch and yellas)

what dams, weirs would be worth a look we can go as far a field as emerald and any where in between.

any help would be great

boys play
26-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Brad,

We spent a few days at Theresa Ck dam on the way back from a five week trip around west Qld and the gulf, about two months ago. The dam was not firing as far as fish go, but a lot of pots were out for redclaw with a few people getting some..not a lot. They told us they were still overcoming a big kill of barra due to a cold snap some time ago...may be better now with warmer weather. If you get as far as the Diamantina, yabbies are the go, or take some shrimp nets...a different type of yellow belly altogether in those waters, much better than the eastern impoundments. Well worth the time to get out there...a different world.
cheers
Ian

kevin jackson
26-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Cania Is The Go For Bass On Surface!!!

BREAMBOSS01
26-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Yeah gotta love cania where my grandparents live is about half an hour from cania so fish there when we visit.

also the rest of my famiy are coming up for the christmas week so will have the boat to fish wuruma and cania,