PDA

View Full Version : New Inventors Invention of the Year ..............

PADDLES
26-11-2009, 08:22 AM
............. is the safety propellor, if anyone saw the the show a few weeks back.

old mate from mackay is onto a winner if the efficiency loss is as low as he reckons.

this is the sort of invention that could save us as boaties, i mean hitting marine life at speed is still going to hurt it, but not slicing humans or any animals up with a propellor is a win for us all i reckon as far as boat access to marine park areas is concerned.

wags on the water
26-11-2009, 09:14 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/newinventors/txt/s2736928.htm

Is this the one?

Marlin_Mike
26-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Prop wasnt turning rel quick in the clip. stick an arm in at WOT, full tilt see what happens.

Mike

Roughasguts
26-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Good un till it's got a small ding, or chip in it! then it's going to cut like a bread knife Ouch!!!!

Damned67
26-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Good un till it's got a small ding, or chip in it! then it's going to cut like a bread knife Ouch!!!!

Maybe, maybe not.... Regardless, still a whole lot better than the standard props.
If we can get some end-user reports that demonstrate that the effiency of the prop is with 90-95% of a standard prop, I'll be buying one....

whiteman
26-11-2009, 02:00 PM
The worst decision as invention of the year as I've ever seen. Tested on a 50hp in a fresh water lake - whooppeee! The inventor looked a regular bloke with his heart in the right place but this was a hicksville operation. Don't hold your breath for Yamaha to endorse them.

tropicrows
26-11-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm with you Whiteman. It's got a place in the market 'somewhere" I just don’t know were.

ozbee
26-11-2009, 05:02 PM
great prop to have in a heavy sea . best wishes for trying .

Roughasguts
26-11-2009, 05:47 PM
I think if you wan't to make sure the prop will not strike anything get a cage like the Surf life savers have on ther rubber ducks!!!.

Or get a Jet boat!

I'm sure it will work while idling and its brand new but as soon as the paint comes off and it hits a bit of sand and no longer smooth! she wil cut like a Jagged rock!.

Cheers.

Jabba_
26-11-2009, 05:55 PM
would like to see the inventer stick his arm into the prop with the motor reving at 4000 rpm.... A smooth alloy prop at idle is not going to do any more damage then his new safety prop... I would never consider getting one.....

Give me a razor sharp polished stainless steel prop any day...