PDA

View Full Version : Tinnie re-engineering?

Member101
24-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Hi all,

I have a horizon tinnie, 4.1m, forward controls. Just wondering if anyone knows if i can cut the front bench seat out? The seat is only welded down the sides between 2 ribs.

Will i be causing any major structural problems if i do it? have a half floor in already, was thinking full floor with pedestal seats.

Cheers,
Steve

Noelm
25-11-2009, 08:35 AM
does it have wide side decks?

Robbo76
25-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi Steve,

I would think it would have some sort of structural problem if you did this for sure. I would imagine the flex would be increased dramatically, causing stress cracks and what not. Not to mention the bench is also there to act as a floatation device, if it has the foam in it.

Pedastal seats would be much better indeed, but I would ring Horizon and talk to them about your mod plans. Or just ring your local boat repair guy, or prop work guy as they would know how to tackle this. I wouldn't do it until then mate. Just my opinion;) .

cheers,

Rob

lethal098
25-11-2009, 04:46 PM
ring Horizon and ask them the question, but i would think it would form part of the structural integrity of the boat. cheers Lee

shano
25-11-2009, 05:30 PM
yep it is fine to remove, but if you do you have to replace it with a brace that will support the floor under the floor! so you wont see it! also under the floor the foam that came out of the seat cut so it fits under the floor and secure it with ally straps. have done this to mine.

shano
25-11-2009, 05:33 PM
man that kind of dont make sence! i've had a beer or 2!

Robbo76
25-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Arhh, funny stuff shano! You certainly like your "under the floor";D

shano
27-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Arhh, funny stuff shano! You certainly like your "under the floor";D
ha ha ha robbo, man im a tool just re read that , ok ok i had a few !

Member101
29-11-2009, 12:28 AM
Hi all,

Just for reference for anyone else who re-engineering a tinny. Shano was spot on the money!

Emailed horizon and got the same response.

Owe you a beer!

Cheers
Steve