PDA

View Full Version : good books for begginers

bulldogs195461
24-11-2009, 08:10 PM
g day all,as my birthday fast approaches my family have decided to get me a fishing book,which is fine.but a quick search shows many books so thought id ask you learned scholers here for opinions.im still pretty green learning,ive brought soft plastics without success.i shore based mainly from the gold coast and go off the walls at ballina,is there a book that gives you a heads up on spots from brissy say to the coast and species you can catch.
regards john

Lucky_Phill
24-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Ask for a subscription to a good fishing magazine like Bush'n'Beach.

It will offer up reports on the areas you want to fish and give credible advice.

Phill

rockfisho
24-11-2009, 09:42 PM
hey mate'

If you are able to find it, Ron Calcutts book"complete book of fishing" is a beauty. If you cant find one, shoot a PM to mitch Calcutt, he is a member on this site. You are after a book that not necessarily tells you where to catch fish, but how to catch them, on a more sophisiticated level. Ie how to follow the tides and figure out spots so u will maximise your haul. how to run your tackle to maximum effeciency etc etc

cheers

Owen

slyman
24-11-2009, 09:42 PM
How about that Hooked In Paradise book thats available in newsagents.

shayned
24-11-2009, 09:58 PM
hey mate'

If you are able to find it, Ron Calcutts book"complete book of fishing" is a beauty. If you cant find one, shoot a PM to mitch Calcutt, he is a member on this site. You are after a book that not necessarily tells you where to catch fish, but how to catch them, on a more sophisiticated level. Ie how to follow the tides and figure out spots so u will maximise your haul. how to run your tackle to maximum effeciency etc etc

cheers

Owen

Second that, a well thought out book which gives you the basics you can transfer to any area that you fish.

BREEZE470
25-11-2009, 06:44 PM
How about that Hooked In Paradise book thats available in newsagents.

My kids bought this for me as an early xmas present ... Dad has read through it more though ..lol

Also - earlier this year for my birthday I got a subscription to Modern Fishing!!