PDA

View Full Version : How many hours out of your leccy motor?

Kleyny
24-11-2009, 07:30 PM
As the title says on average how many hrs do you get out of your leccy motor.

Please state boat type and size, motor type and size, battery/s type and size

thanks

neil

MyEscape
28-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Do you in between repairs or battery charges?:P

I've got one, a Minn Kota, and back to the workshop for its second repair in 18 months. Very happy with the 3 years warranty, however I'm definitely concerned about it and how long it's going to last.

Steve

tunaticer
28-11-2009, 01:27 PM
My RT55AP bowmount is now 6 yrs old and still runs fine, batteries are too which surprizes me. At a guess I would imagine that bowmount would have done around 1000 working hours on my 4.1m tinny. The boat as it normally sits for a day on the water weighs about 900kgs with two guys and gear aboard. The motor has not had a hiccup yet.

Kleyny
28-11-2009, 07:29 PM
I'm sorry guys I'm talking about how many hours of use do you get before you need to charge the battery/s up.

mylestom
29-11-2009, 05:22 AM
Minn Kota RPA55 Bowmount, Trojan 130Amp, Quintrex Explorer Trophy 3.9, and between 5 to 6 hours continual running. That can be over a couple of days when casting in sticks, or just the casting in the estuary. Probably could get more but usually charge after each trip. Same as topping up fuel tank after each trip.

Got to have it ready if I decide to fishing the next day. Decisions, decisions.

Regards

Trev

Feral
29-11-2009, 06:41 AM
Used to get about 2 days fishing with constant use (Its a dam boat) out of mine, but when I went to the 24 volt on the front I downsized to a pair of 100ah batteries, they are down to about 30% at the end of the day. Back battery bank is still good for two days.