PDA

View Full Version : Which Electric Motor???

NathanCooper
23-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Hi all the time has come to buy a bow mount electric motor the old jarvis watersnake 44lb has served me well but the need for a foot controlled model has become necessary. Now my question is should i go for the foot control jarvis watersnake for around 600 or should i import a MotorGuide Brute 52FB from the states for around $580AUD posted to my door from cabela's? im quite sure cabela's is a world wide respected company that almost everyone has heard of but has anyone else prchased anything from them or experienced a motorguide in comparison to a jarvis watersnake is it worththe extra hassle or not?
cheers
Cooper
Any other suggestions for around the same money would also be appreciated :)

Noelm
24-11-2009, 01:20 PM
my son just got a remote control electric and he reckons it is a great idea and so convenient, it uses a similar sort of foot control setup, but has no wires, so you can move about and even hold it in your hand if you want, might be something to look at maybe.

johno r
24-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Watersnake are great on their warranties i had problem with foot controller was replaced with new one in 3 days all good since

stevelcqld
24-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Hey

my Minn Kota died.. well fried would be a better description.... cost to repair not worth it. I would have loved to replaced with another minn kota but out of my budget..

I got a watersnake bow mount 54lb with foot control and wrist control for 730 from that e bay aus place :-) just search for Watersnake Electric Motor Bow Mount 54lb Thrust NEW (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130344007507&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

The seller is qld based, free post and are listed at by now 748 or best offer... with some lures thrown in.

Cheers,

Steve

Stik-ugly
24-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Cant help you with the electric choice but I have bought gear from Cabelas a few times and have had no problems at all

NathanCooper
25-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Well thanks for your help all will be considered but has anyone had much experience with MotorGuide electrics??
Cheers
Cooper