PDA

View Full Version : Stacer Easy Rider

bigmack
23-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Guys - anyone playing in a Stacer at the moment??

Could you give me some comments / feedback on how they go.

Will be a compromise boat - family and fishing offshore

Thanks
BM

Sabre
23-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Bigmack,

I had that exact boat, 2004 Stacer Easy Rider 525 Bowrider, and I would have to say as a "compromise", it was fantastic. Very comfortable for the family, and surprisingly good offshore. I enjoyed the wide beam especially, and handled exceptionally well offshore.

Of course you have to pick you days to go outside.......Still wish I had it at times,

Cheers
Sabre

datamile
23-11-2009, 01:10 PM
I've got a 2005 model. The beam and high sides are good if you have a young family. the front section can be turned into a casting deck.

Anything over .7 metres and you're going slow or banging like a cheap whore. Never been outside in mine but been caught out in the bay a few times.

Find mine a little tail heavy when not on the plane and trying to get a skier up.

bigmack
23-11-2009, 02:51 PM
thanks guys - interesting comments. I fish out of mooloolaba and usually in a mates stessle centre console which is a bare bones fishing boat and even that can bash hard against the chop in th wrong direction. appreciate the advice

datamile
23-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Chop is ok if close enough to skim over,with a faster speed often better. As with most tin boats swell is the issue as u can't carve through it. I still think it a great allrounder, nice and stable and easy to fish out of with plush leather, nice bowrider when you got the ladies on board, run it up on the beach without worry and still fun for water sports

The-easyrider
23-11-2009, 09:08 PM
I had a 525 easyrider with 115hp on the back good for playing in the passage and river and towing the kids on tubes but take it out into the bay and you can have some very wet rough rides home. Cracked the transom twice and broched once and that was enough. Having a crook back t had to go but I still miss it when I want to go crabing or prawning or barra fishing but dont miss it at when driving across the bay in one meter chop.

bigmack
24-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Very interesting - cracked transom ......whereabouts? Was it a welding fault and how repaired.

In this class of boat then which of the Aluminium rigs would you say is the best drive Outside?

I have been looking at Quintrex, Savage, and now Stacer?

thanks

yogi74
24-11-2009, 11:41 AM
The EVO hull of the stacer is great soft ride and very stable. I own a 449 and just love it. lite off shore work and all over the bay have driven plenty of bigger stacers in all conditions and they are a good thing.

The-easyrider
24-11-2009, 11:56 AM
The transom cracked right at the bottom in two places where it met the hull and right beside the weld, caused by the alli flexing and becoming work hardened and britle. This was fixed by welding under warranty but within 12 months it cracked again. The boat was only used in average bay conditions as it rode to rough for anything else, after going for a ride in a 625 cruise craft I knew that my time in a alli boat was going to be short lived as the ride between the two on choppy water was unbelivable.

bigmack
25-11-2009, 12:06 PM
thanks for the info guys - appreciated

Noelm
25-11-2009, 01:17 PM
the ride in a 625 Cruisecraft may have been unbelievable compared to a small Stacer, but so is the price! not even in the same price/size/material bracket.

The-easyrider
25-11-2009, 06:04 PM
the ride in a 625 Cruisecraft may have been unbelievable compared to a small Stacer, but so is the price! not even in the same price/size/material bracket.

I agree totaly and I never said that they were, but the ride differance so impressed me that that I just had to have one and to hell with the cost ;D