PDA

View Full Version : Up Grading A Raymarine A65 unit

michael.cl
22-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi guys

I have a Raymarine A65 combo sounder/chart plotter which is now several years old, and is still the best darn combo unit I have ever had in a boat, as it has numerous great features built in to it. How ever since I first perched the mapping card of the East coast for it. Nature has changed some features on the surface of the earth. And now parts of the coast are no longer as they were. My question is can the existing mapping card be upgraded by way of down loads on my home pc or do I have to go out and perches a new mapping card to up grade my unit, hoping some one can help in this mater.

Kind Regards Michael.

Malcolm W
23-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Hi mate, I had my C-Map updated recently and had to take it back to the dealer (no online upgrades). It cost $100 and to be honest its not worth it. From a fishing point of view nothing gets changed that I could see, only the odd new cannal or marker gets updated. I imagine Navionics would be the same, that is you would need to take it to a dealer to get it upgraded or if its really old replace it. Cheers Mal.

michael.cl
25-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the information Mal, like you said from a fishing perspective it is not worth up grading the map card

Regards Michael.