PDA

View Full Version : which servos sell normal unleaded

sharkymark2
22-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Hi went to my local servo to fill up with unleaded for the boat and found that to increase thier sell through to an extra 5% they have stopped using normal unleaded and only use E10. >:(.
Does anybody Know of any servos still using normal unleaded? I live at Coopers Plains and usually travel to Vicci point or very occassionally the Pin? Mark.

breambandit
22-11-2009, 09:34 AM
I discovered a similar problem in the last 8 months with my local Freedom Servos only stocking E10 and Bio-Diesel. I don't mind Bio-Diesel on the 4X4, but E10 on the outboard is evil and I stay away from it.

Most people should know Ethanol attracts water, and water mixed with fuel in outboards is a cause of many outboard starting and running problems.

I now fill up on the way to the Pin at Shell at Compton Rd or on Beaudesert Rd as they still sell the traditional Unleaded with no E10. The BP at Beenleigh off the Jacobs Well turnoff also has normal unleaded, as I filled up there once before.

I think you will find all Shell, BP and Caltex servos still sell Unleaded for a few more years until they too have to convert to E10.

Cheers

skippa
22-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Mark,

The two servo's at Vick Point sell normal unleaded, the Woolies and Mobil so do the Caltex's, I'm sure there's a few between CP and VP.

Cheers,
Tony

topcatch
22-11-2009, 10:36 AM
I discovered a similar problem in the last 8 months with my local Freedom Servos only stocking E10 and Bio-Diesel. I don't mind Bio-Diesel on the 4X4, but E10 on the outboard is evil and I stay away from it.

Most people should know Ethanol attracts water, and water mixed with fuel in outboards is a cause of many outboard starting and running problems.

I now fill up on the way to the Pin at Shell at Compton Rd or on Beaudesert Rd as they still sell the traditional Unleaded with no E10. The BP at Beenleigh off the Jacobs Well turnoff also has normal unleaded, as I filled up there once before.

I think you will find all Shell, BP and Caltex servos still sell Unleaded for a few more years until they too have to convert to E10.

Cheers
Dont bet your last dollar on that one, the local Shell don't have regular unleaded at all, I went to fill up the other night and had to get premium unleaded, neither my car nor my boat will have E10 in them. Ethanol loves water, a couple of years ago in Melbourne after some over night rain one servo had a queue of broken down cars leaving the bowsers, turned out the tank had a hole in it and leak in some water, the ethanol separated and sat on top of the petrol. All the early morning motorists got a tank full of pure ethanol.

ozbee
22-11-2009, 05:26 PM
old servos that have not got modern storage tanks stock normal un leaded .so look for the old bp or shell ones that haven't been updated and you will find unleaded at normal prices . happy hunting

CHEE-FEE
22-11-2009, 08:18 PM
The Caltex/Woolies servo at Cleveland next to KFC and Sizzler sell normal ULP, as well as the 95 and 98 Premium ULP. It's a 24-hour servo that you can actually buy stuff at after hours. Come to think of it, I don't think they even sell E10, but don't quote me on that.

Cheers,
NICK.

breambandit
22-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Dont bet your last dollar on that one, the local Shell don't have regular unleaded at all, I went to fill up the other night and had to get premium unleaded, neither my car nor my boat will have E10 in them. Ethanol loves water, a couple of years ago in Melbourne after some over night rain one servo had a queue of broken down cars leaving the bowsers, turned out the tank had a hole in it and leak in some water, the ethanol separated and sat on top of the petrol. All the early morning motorists got a tank full of pure ethanol.

I am quite correct when I say all Shell Servos in Qld stock unleaded as per their web page. If you cant get unleaded at your local shell in QLD ask them why because the web site says you can.

http://www.shell.com/static/au-en/downloads/locator/site_list_qld.pdf

topcatch
24-11-2009, 05:00 PM
I am quite correct when I say all Shell Servos in Qld stock unleaded as per their web page. If you cant get unleaded at your local shell in QLD ask them why because the web site says you can.

http://www.shell.com/static/au-en/downloads/locator/site_list_qld.pdf

They need to re do the list as the Shell at Daisy Hill has "re-badged" all their yellow normal unleaded pumps as e10 pumps and there is a nice glossy advertisment on each pump pointing out the fact they are all now e10.

Introducing Shell Unleaded formulated with 10% ethanol

12/10/2009 http://www-static.shell.com/static/global/fwimgs/1.gif As part of its commitment to meeting the NSW Government biofuels mandates, together with the upcoming Queensland Government initiatives, Shell is transitioning from Shell Unleaded to Shell Unleaded formulated with 10% ethanol at the Coles Express sites listed below

http://www.shell.com/home/content/au-en/news_and_library/press_releases/2009/unleaded_formulated_10pc_ethanol.html

Axl
24-11-2009, 07:43 PM
This is crazy how can we the consumers put a stop to this?

I wouldnt put Ethanol blended fuel in my lawn mower let alone my car or boat.

2DKnBJ
24-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Any Matilda servo will have unleaded and gaurantee that it will not contain ethanol.

Cheers Dazza

sleepygreg
24-11-2009, 10:47 PM
I would NOT put ethanol blend in anything with plastic fuel lines....especially lawnmowers, brushcutters etc. And im still not convinced it is safe to use in any engine unless it is specifically designed to use it. (now i know why I was always replacing fuel lines on my model airplanes that ran on pure ethanol...so many years ago)

Greg