View Full Version : Boat Repairs

21-11-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm in the process of repairing a couple of soft spots in the floor of my cruisecraft . Can you buy the fleck paint that most of the older boats had on the floor. mines a 1995 model. Cheers Paul...:-*

21-11-2009, 11:32 AM
You paint the floor the colour you want say brown pink any colour.
Then you mix clear lacquer and enamel (any colour white black red but only 1 at a time) together put this in your spray gun turn the pressure right down
and it sprays out like cobwebs.
Test it on some card board or whatever to get it to spray out the way you want
That's one way they do it at the panel shop.
Test it and see if its what you are after.
mask up the areas.

21-11-2009, 01:14 PM
It may be one of the two pack floor coatings if it looks like flakes.

If its a spatter there are many ways of achieving that.

why not ring cruisecraft....they maybe be able to help.


21-11-2009, 01:17 PM
If it lasted this long it will be a polyester flowcoat/gelcoat, many where done with a paint brush and a flick of the wrist, little bit of skill involved but not too much.

cheers fnq

TJ Bear
21-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Flow coat in a spray gun. You may have to thin it a bit with styrene monimer but if you have no styrene use a little acetone. Air down low and test on some cardboard as mentioned.