PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Homeport???

FNQCairns
20-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Anyone using it? I downloaded it today set it up and am very unimpressed with it. it's clunky, needed a 1/4 gigabyte download of Microsoft .net framework 3.5 to get it to even load...did i mention it's very very clunky, anyone else have this problem?.

Interface is terrible as map software goes and the only units are in NM, the metric options are greyed out.

On the upside a person only needs to load their vision chart sd into a card reader when the program is up and running then bang the chart is on screen but all of the vision goodies above say a standard bluechart is unavailable.

I would be spewing if i had bought it on a disk instead of a download.

Interested to hear from anyone else who has used it.

Cheers fnq

Sinbin
21-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Yes FNQ bought it and not totally happy as it does not read my g2 vision card. At least I can see the waypoints on worldwide map and use the PC to plan tracks and input way points. Also can transfer waypoints to google earth.

Check out the homeport garmin forum https://forums.garmin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=214
Software update available today.

Sinbin

FNQCairns
22-11-2009, 07:14 AM
Strange as vision works in mine, when you put the card in the reader does anything happen? On mine unless i start zooming in inserting the card does nothing firstly but change the ocean colour to white from blue.

cheers fnq