PDA

View Full Version : best rollers for tinny trailer...?

yellahunter
19-11-2009, 05:10 PM
hey guys,

i have a quinny explorer 3.85 with decks etc (so bit heavier than standard)
my question is which rollers are supposed to be the best and longest wearing,
ive replaced 2 sets of rubber ones in the last year, seems as though the boat just ends up cutting through them.
i only use the boat in freshwater and its garaged so wanst sure if that was normal,
just seems like il be forever changing them,

i see there are plastic and rubber ones,
would i be better with the plastic ones..?

frankgrimes
19-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Guessing your referring to your keel rollers?

Have you tried Polyurethane...supposed to be much tougher than your rubber ones.

Mick

Whitto
19-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Guessing your referring to your keel rollers?

Have you tried Polyurethane...supposed to be much tougher than your rubber ones.

Mick Replace with the Polyurethane rollers as Mick said and your problem will be solved.

snasman
19-11-2009, 06:26 PM
i had the same problem with my tinnie so went for the alloy type, boat now flys off the trailer and can pull it halfway up before I have to use the winch.here a link if it works http://www.biasboating.com.au/p-2108-4-yalio-alloy-self-centering-keel-roller.aspx

yellahunter
19-11-2009, 06:55 PM
thanks for the tips guys,

il go grab some more tomorrow,

Luc
19-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Get rid of all the keel rollers, bolt on a lenght of aluminuim C section and line it with teflon.

No wearing of rollers and max support along the whole keel.

Luc

dnej
19-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Blue ones for aluminium, red for glass.

Noelm
20-11-2009, 10:24 AM
I have the same boat, and replaced just the first one with a poly roller and never had a problem since, I think it is just the weight of the boat when it first comes on that cuts the rubber ones, I also changed the side ones from a skid type of thing to wobble rollers, but it is next to hopeless, so I am going back to a strip skid type of thing.

FNQCairns
20-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Those rubber rollers never last, look for the blue poly ones for aluminium and red for Glass.

cheers fnq

robersl
20-11-2009, 12:03 PM
I got 10 months out of my blue ones but wore a hole right through to the roller ,now i have put the red 1's on to try myself