PDA

View Full Version : Seajay 4.55m Tropic

Herby13
19-11-2009, 01:35 AM
Looking at buying a new boat, im keen on the side console, nice high sides and no paint work to scratch. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about the Seajay 4.55m Tropic?

http://www.seajayboats.com.au/tropic.html

here's the link i have been looking at.

Cheers Thomas.

Leighton
19-11-2009, 06:54 AM
I have the 4.55 Territory, similar but mine is tiller steer
cant fault the boat in any way, for an open tinnie its a dry ride and the hull is stable at rest

FNQCairns
19-11-2009, 06:57 AM
Looking at buying a new boat, im keen on the side console, nice high sides and no paint work to scratch. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about the Seajay 4.55m Tropic?

http://www.seajayboats.com.au/tropic.html

here's the link i have been looking at.

Cheers Thomas.

It reads like big little boat, following a couple of seajays on the road i notice they had a deep transom V for their length, what dead rise does this one have here?

The Yamaha test report on the website is the most concise I have ever seen, about time testers stopped considering readers as dumb. Lots of extra room to better custom a prop to that rig and see much better numbers overall than reflected in that test.

How does the price compare to other equivalent rigs, it's going to be bumpy but that's par for the course, hows the weld finish?

Possibly the most important consideration in all larger tinnys is the number of ribs, their spacing and whether they all or mostly run up to the gunnel, each of them need to be designed as a bulkhead for best construction...here is a typical skimp. In relative terms when this skeleton is built robust the tinny stays solid and reliable no matter what water it sees.

Can get a book tour through the factory??? or as a minimum your really need to wrangle a look underfloor.

cheers fnq

ifishcq1
19-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Hi Herby
I have just been in a painted one for the last couple of weeks in some fairly average conditions Thommos is painted because he is a bling boy but I recon unpainted is much more user friendly around oyster banks and mangrove creeks
they are way ahead in over the complete package compared to anything in the same money bracket and I have been in most of them
It will handle bay chop well and it is still small enough to get right up the creeks
top choice
FNQ, we were looking at plenty of other types at the Barra Bounty a couple of weeks ago and seajays were the most rugged construction and all the ribs the whole way go right up to the gunnels and there is 2 extra ribs over the others including quinny and allycraft

cheers