PDA

View Full Version : Boating Maps for Clarence River

Argle
18-11-2009, 09:08 AM
G'day guys, I am heading down to Yamba with the family in December and was wondering if there are any maps of the river available? Was thinking along the lines of a Beacon to Beacon type thing maybe?
I found a pretty basic sort of mud map on the Clarence Tourism website but maybe someone else could point me in the right direction? Oh and if anyone has any pointers for good spots to take a six year old fishing in the boat with the chance of getting some whiting/bream/flatties etc would be appreciated, not looking for trophy fish just wanting to be able to put the young bloke onto a couple.

Cheers
Scott

Crocodile
18-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Hello Argle,

have a look at this;
http://www.maritime.nsw.gov.au/publications/maps.html

You can print your own maps.

spelchek
18-11-2009, 11:26 AM
There is a printed map available at all the tackle shops there. Not sure if it's the same as on the tourism website, but it is a pretty decent map - certainly enough to give you a start.

Argle
18-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Crocodile, thanks for the link I will order a copy of the map to keep in the boat.

Cheers
Scott

Pete62
18-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Hi Scott, plenty of fishing options around Yamba and Iluka, drifting along any of the rock walls and casting in with lightly weighted baits will find your desired species. Also a run up to Browns rocks would be worth it too although it can get quite busy at times.

Closer to the mouth, the sandbanks off Whiting beach funnily enough produce good whiting.

Yabbies or live worms would be your best baits to keep the young fella occupied.

Hope this helps.

Pete.