PDA

View Full Version : monduran monster

tim barra master
17-11-2009, 06:42 PM
heres some other photos of that fish caught in sept 09 132 cm 37 kg

Langey
18-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Nice fish champ...shame it didnt swim away.....

Feral
18-11-2009, 04:34 AM
Nice fish champ...shame it didnt swim away.....

Very nice fish, shame the green brigade cant leave a bloke alone when he catches a good fish....

robersl
18-11-2009, 06:48 AM
Very nice fish, shame the green brigade cant leave a bloke alone when he catches a good fish....

Nothing to do with the green brigade i eat as many fish as i release just freshwater barra tastes like crap and it would be a waste to see such a good fish thrown away if they did not eat it all (hopefully they did eat it) if it was only a photo op than that could of been done on the boat

Langey
18-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Yep,yep....that was my next question?/?/ ....i love eatin freshwater fish,but if u eat barra over 90 cm from a dam u are gonna be sorely dissapointed...i would be surprised if that fish made it to the dinner table at all :s

Langey
18-11-2009, 03:05 PM
"green brigade",,,lmao,u obviously dont know me my friend.just lookin out for the "feral brigade" so u dont have to waste such quality fish...i cant see in my post one point of reference to consevation issues or fish management or huggin trees for that matter...my point is entirely from eatin perspective and 1 x 8ocm fish is gonna be a whole lot more usefull to u than that fish pictured....

lifestyle
18-11-2009, 05:35 PM
good on you make great catch. tast real good to bit of sweet chill sauce and a cold beer yum. Me i would be getting that one mounted on a wall reckon it would look the goods.

Tropicaltrout
18-11-2009, 07:13 PM
think i remember that fish he was/might have been the one played out a bit long and wouldn't revive so the choce was made to take it for mounting ( on the wall)..

Green brigade... pffff

robersl
18-11-2009, 07:17 PM
think i remember that fish he was/might have been the one played out a bit long and wouldn't revive so the choce was made to take it for mounting ( on the wall)..

Green brigade... pffff
that happens from time to time not much you can do but better to do something than just chucking it back in the drink to rot

Barraboss
18-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Great fish and it does not matter whether you keep it or release it...It's up to the individual and also the state of the fish upon capture. I have taken fish that were far from going to make it when I got them to the boat. After all fellas, its a stocked dam, and as long as ther fisher person has a licence, each to there own.

Regardless, it's a cracker of a fish, and I thank you for the pics...gets me itching to get back into it

Cheers
Matt

warrior
19-11-2009, 02:44 PM
thats a great fish it will look awsome on a mount ,pity it didnt survive as i dont think the fisho would have appreciated 1foot thick fillets that tasted like mud from the bottom of a septic :-/ but thats fishin i have too had a couple cark it boat side but what can you do ,we all know that a great percentage goes back in to give another a big thrill :o

PaulMark
19-11-2009, 06:18 PM

Green brigade... pffff

I believe that was the go Nath,he was intending to release but she was done in after the fight on 20lb if I remember correctly.
Paulo

BR65
19-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Its a great fish, congrats to the angler!
I hope it wasnt wasted, maybe Tim B.M. can put the big fish taste like crap theory to bed for us all.
How did it eat mate?
Im not having a crack, Im just asking.
cheers
brian

Basil2
20-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Well done Tim. Just goes to show how healthy Monduran is that it can support fish of this quality. We constantly see pics of quality fish produced from this Dam so there are plenty of other fish to take that ones place. At the end of the day all fisherman/women would love to have a brag photo of that quality. We had a trip to Awonga early this year where we caught and kept 7 barra between 4 of us. All fish have been consumed and will be back for more next year. Cheers Basil2

tim barra master
20-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Its a great fish, congrats to the angler!
I hope it wasnt wasted, maybe Tim B.M. can put the big fish taste like crap theory to bed for us all.
How did it eat mate?
Im not having a crack, Im just asking.
cheers
brian
Yeh guys cant say it was great or even average for a lake fish i will try not to keep another barra over the 120cm this big one should have made the wall instead of the freezer but i know i will get many bigger ones then i will have barra on all my walls.HA HA
i do agree with both arguments for and against keeping big fish too good to catch once but after all this is a stocked impoundment
and there are thousands of barra there if only i could find that bloody ON switch so i do try to offset my costs by taking only what my family can consume
if friends want fish they will have come along and put the yards in and of course contribute to sips
I beleive this
wild things should be left that way
fish in a bowl take it or leave it no consequence

BR65
21-11-2009, 07:50 AM
Yeh guys cant say it was great or even average for a lake fish i will try not to keep another barra over the 120cm this big one should have made the wall instead of the freezer but i know i will get many bigger ones then i will have barra on all my walls.HA HA
i do agree with both arguments for and against keeping big fish too good to catch once but after all this is a stocked impoundment
and there are thousands of barra there if only i could find that bloody ON switch so i do try to offset my costs by taking only what my family can consume
if friends want fish they will have come along and put the yards in and of course contribute to sips
I beleive this
wild things should be left that way
fish in a bowl take it or leave it no consequence

Thanks mate.

Did you try any of the methods that are around, soak in salt water, milk, lemonaide, etc etc?

Your right, there are thousands of barra in there, and they are stocked to be caught or kept - anglers choice.