PDA

View Full Version : Barra fishing 4/5/6 December

Callop
16-11-2009, 12:16 AM
I have to go Barra fishing:o (bloody IDB) before Christmas and the only suitable weekend is 4/5/6 December.
A couple of options come to mind
1. Unfortunately ABT is on at Mondy that weekend. It's a big dam, so what if an extra 50 boats are there?
2. Haven't been to Lenthalls since the big kill.

I am leaning towards Lenthalls at the moment as the hours have been extended(6am-8pm) and I've got a 4stroke.

All suggestions appreciated.

Tropicaltrout
16-11-2009, 06:44 AM
Gee Dave me and Prinny have wanted to look at lenthalls for a while might have to have a yarn to him about this.....

vet
16-11-2009, 12:11 PM
An extra 50 boats would have been there for 4 days giving it a hammering and a lot of these will have big motors. Monduran has been known to be tough during and after these events. If you had a choice I wouldn't hit monduran at that time.
cheers scott

Steve B
16-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Agree with Scotty,

Dave, I would drive the extra couple of hours and attack Awoonga...the fish will probably come out to play that weekend as the ABT has left by then...traditionally at all dams, after a pressured period....often they fire up a few days later!!!

just another option!!! Lenthals would also be OK too.

CHeers Steve

Obi _ Wan
16-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Hey Steve isn't it about time you headed for Teemburra????????? only another 4 sleeps mate.

Good luck in the ABT mate.

Cheers,
John.

Callop
16-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Agree with Scotty,

Dave, I would drive the extra couple of hours and attack Awoonga...the fish will probably come out to play that weekend as the ABT has left by then...traditionally at all dams, after a pressured period....often they fire up a few days later!!!

just another option!!! Lenthals would also be OK too.

CHeers Steve
Hi Steve,
I did think about Awoonga as I haven't been there yet but the extra distance from here has always put me off. But if there is Barra to be caught then anything is possible.

robersl
16-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Hi Callop i am in the same boat as you i was looking at going somewhere that weekend as well but i might have to put it off as there may bit a bit much traffic at mondy as you said and i don't have a 4stroke for lenthalls i wonder if you can do land based there

shane

Callop
16-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Gee Dave me and Prinny have wanted to look at lenthalls for a while might have to have a yarn to him about this.....
Hi Nath
I'll give Widebay Water a ring tomorrow and see what the go is.

Callop
16-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Hi Callop i am in the same boat as you i was looking at going somewhere that weekend as well but i might have to put it off as there may bit a bit much traffic at mondy as you said and i don't have a 4stroke for lenthalls i wonder if you can do land based there

shane
Hi Shane
from memory I don't think there are many landbased options. About 50% sure I will be going alone so I will have a spare seat if you want it. As soon as I know for sure I'll let you know.
Dave

robersl
16-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Hi Shane
from memory I don't think there are many landbased options. About 50% sure I will be going alone so I will have a spare seat if you want it. As soon as I know for sure I'll let you know.
Dave

Hi Dave that sounds good i will share your cost's if there is a spare seat to get a barra fix i am trying to do 1 a month till winter time;D and every time i go past maryborough i keep thinking i got to try lenthalls

shane

PaulMark
16-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Hey you blokes,the Barra have been biting out at Lenthalls Warrior(Al) got a couple of beautys last weekend.If I'm not working I might meet you out there.its been awhile since I've had a go out there.
Paulo.

Steve B
16-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Hey Steve isn't it about time you headed for Teemburra????????? only another 4 sleeps mate.

Good luck in the ABT mate.

Cheers,
John.

Thanks John,

Heading off at 5 am tommorrow! might do a session at Kinchant tommorrow.
Pre fish a couple of days at Teemburra...mabey an offshore fish!!!! all good;D;D

Good luck Dave and boys where ever you end up going...I reckon it will be firing everywhere over next week with the weather heating up the way it is!!

Cheers Steve

Callop
16-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Thanks John,

Heading off at 5 am tommorrow! might do a session at Kinchant tommorrow.
Pre fish a couple of days at Teemburra...mabey an offshore fish!!!! all good;D;D

Good luck Dave and boys where ever you end up going...I reckon it will be firing everywhere over next week with the weather heating up the way it is!!

Cheers Steve
Good luck in the ABT

Callop
16-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Hey you blokes,the Barra have been biting out at Lenthalls Warrior(Al) got a couple of beautys last weekend.If I'm not working I might meet you out there.its been awhile since I've had a go out there.
Paulo.
Hi Paul
It's always good to meet another IBD sufferer. Hopefully the planets will align and we can share a drink or 2.
Dave

Steve B
16-11-2009, 09:21 PM
thanks Dave!!!!