PDA

View Full Version : Trim Tabs on Haines Signature

Hammer007
15-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Hi Folks,

Need some advice from those who have installed Bennetts Trim Tabs (or maybe other make) on Haines Signature 600RF or similar Signature.

I have the short ram type of tabs as recommended to me as there is not a lot of room under the swim platforms.

I have the 2004 model boat which I think has floatation installed and would like to check how you installed your tabs before I go drilling holes in the transom.

Particullary keen to know how you ran the hydraulic lines as there are two pods either side of the stern on the inside, one which the batteries sit on and one under the live bait tank on the Port side.

So in summary how to you drill and run the lines and where did you install the hydrauklic pump?

Thanks all for any advice.

Hammer

Chimo
15-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Hi Hammer

This is how you do it with Lencos (electric Not hydraulic, so only a small elec cable) on a Vagabond. Note holes cut in the steps on either side.

Cheers
Chimo

Guido
16-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Hammer, PM sent.

TimiBoy
16-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Have a chat with Kitty kat, also known as Wayne. He put QL's on my 685 (foam filled, wiring had to go through the foam). Bastard of a job, but... wow! The man is a pro.

He and I felt the challenge was out there to get the QL's on the 685, given we had both been told it couldn't be done...

His number is 0405405042.

Cheers,

Tim

two up
16-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Bennett used to make fitting with external oil supply lines for situations such as this, I'm not sure if they still do. I spoke to aust rep before I installed mine a couple of years ago , he knew nothing about them. I emailed a fellow from Bennett in america about these fittings and they were still available then, may still be available now. The only downside is that you run an external oil line up until you can go through the transom in a clear area.
I'll see if I can find his name if you require.

Hammer007
16-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the responses guys, it's all a great help for me at this stage.

The job seems ok except getting through the transom, foam fill and internal pods.

Signature are generally helpfull to me seeing as I am not yet buying a new boat.

Unfortnately today they have stated that I am best to get them fitted professionally as its difficult to explain or email how they would fit them, bit unfortunate as they recommended the Bennetes to me! I am in Townsville so can't go direct to them, will consider their local dealer but would still want to find out the details of how they would install the tabs!

Cheers

Hammer

Jabba_
17-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Have a chat with Kitty kat, also known as Wayne. He put QL's on my 685 (foam filled, wiring had to go through the foam). Bastard of a job, but... wow! The man is a pro.

He and I felt the challenge was out there to get the QL's on the 685, given we had both been told it couldn't be done...

His number is 0405405042.

Cheers,

Tim

Hey Tim, have you had the CC out much since installing the QL's... I tossing up between them and Lenco type tab's.. I mainly after extra lift at the stern when planing slow,, along with the benefit off correcting the list due to wind or a fat deck hand... Do you find the QL's help keep lift the stern when your playing slowly.....

I agree with you about Kitty Cat... The guy is a dead set guru with electronics... I've had Wayne around to rewire my rig and wire in my Lowrance HDS and NMEA engine interface cables.... I love his work, it's perfect and tidy every time,,,, and he is 100% thorougher...

TimiBoy
17-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Hey Tim, have you had the CC out much since installing the QL's... I tossing up between them and Lenco type tab's.. I mainly after extra lift at the stern when planing slow,, along with the benefit off correcting the list due to wind or a fat deck hand... Do you find the QL's help keep lift the stern when your playing slowly.....

I agree with you about Kitty Cat... The guy is a dead set guru with electronics... I've had Wayne around to rewire my rig and wire in my Lowrance HDS and NMEA engine interface cables.... I love his work, it's perfect and tidy every time,,,, and he is 100% thorougher...

Next chance you get give me a call and come out to try them for yourself! I never tried to plane slowly...

;D;D;D

Cheers,

Tim

rat_catcher
18-11-2009, 11:56 AM
I installed a set of QL's on a Signature 702L and it was dead easy. Granted she isn't foam filled, but the QL's themselves could not be any easier to install. They are magic in use too.

Jabba_
18-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Next chance you get give me a call and come out to try them for yourself! I never tried to plane slowly...

;D;D;D

Cheers,

Tim
Cheers Tim..

Pm me your number and I give you a call...

Matt