PDA

View Full Version : Whyte Island ramp

Axl
14-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Hi all

I am wondering what this ramp is like.

I usually run out of Manly beacause last time I used Whyte Island when I came in the ramp was high and dry several meters of mud to the bottom of the ramp mind you this was quite a few years ago.

Also how do you rate the security as opposed to Manly?

oldboot
14-11-2009, 10:11 PM
cant comment on much else but it has full CCTV surveylance because it is in the port area.
What that surveylance is worth who knows.
very popular.

the boat passage has some shallow parts heading toward the many end.

cheers

Axl
15-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Surely there are more Ausfisher's who use this ramp

Angryant
16-11-2009, 05:33 AM
I've used it a number of times and have found it to be okay. There are security cameras and Port security do conduct patrols. On a good day you have to be there early though as it does get very busy.

PinHead
16-11-2009, 05:42 AM
The security does seem to be quite good..cameras and patrols.
The ramp itself is good except at the bottom of the tide..shin deep in mud then and it does get busy as I found out on the weekend. If they do not lower the chains onto the grassed area then it fills very quickly.

I used Colmslie ramp on Sunday..pontoon and there was sufficient parking then.
The only problem I could see with Colmslie was the tidal run past the pontoon could possibly create some fun at times.

mookyandlumpy
16-11-2009, 01:25 PM
i was there yesterday at about 530 and the car parks were all gone but the chains were down so a got a park in the grass area,

as for the ramp good for three boats ,great except for what has been said 1/4 tide of higher its fine ihave never seen it high and dry but it is cover in sand at the bottom but i have had my mazda 3 take out my tinnie with no problems even at low tide