PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki 115 price?

rcfisher
12-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Hey folks would love to get an idea of price for a 115 hp suzuki? Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.

Cheers Ryan.

Noelm
13-11-2009, 09:37 AM
I guess call into as many dealers nearby you and ask them, unless someone has just got one and knows the price.

pilchardjones
13-11-2009, 09:41 AM
we got a couple of them for work a while ago.
i think around 14k fitted would be reasonable to expect.
steve

scorpionNQ
13-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Just repowered the longboat a few months ago, quote off Suzuki here, 115hp fitted ($17,400) plus hyd steer ($1300) = $18,700!!!!! What the!!!!!
Went with a Opti 115, price was $14,500 fitted with hyd steer, 20kg lighter
and smart craft guages (nice bit of kit). Nearly 50hrs already and couldn't be happier. AND the $4200 saving from the Suzuki shouts me a new H/bird 997 side image sounder/gps for Chrissy!!8-)

BOTTOM LINE IS IT PAYS TO SHOP AROUND
Cheers
Lee

julian1
13-11-2009, 11:36 AM
you can't compare a 115 Opti to a 115 Zuke, you would have to compare a 115 Yammy for a direct price comparision

FNQCairns
13-11-2009, 11:39 AM
you can't compare a 115 Opti to a 115 Zuke, you would have to compare a 115 Yammy for a direct price comparision

How come?

cheers fnq

julian1
13-11-2009, 11:56 AM
How come?

cheers fnq

Well one is a 3 cylinder orbital direct injection 2 stroke and the other is a 4 cylinder 4 stroke.

surely i don't have to explain the differences :-X

borryking
13-11-2009, 12:29 PM
My DF100 was about $13K if that is any help

Scott nthQld
13-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Well one is a 3 cylinder orbital direct injection 2 stroke and the other is a 4 cylinder 4 stroke.

surely i don't have to explain the differences :-X

maybe so, but they are all in the 115hp class regardless of the block and configuration, you are still paying for an engine putting out 115hp.

If you were comparing the performance stats ie torque, fuel consumption, power to weight, true hp, etc, that when they all start getting split up.

Scott nthQld
13-11-2009, 01:03 PM

trouble is though, I think the block gets bigger (from 3cyl to 4 cyl) in the 115, so there will be a pretty juicy price diff, same story for the 140 and 150hp zuke.

Overall, don't really set your heart on a zuke if you aren't a brand loyalist, every manufactuer puts out great engines, and for me, it would come down to mainly price, then servicing, each will have marginal differences in fuel economy, but all brands are reliable (every brand has its horror stories).

That is, once you have decided between a 2, DI 2 or 4 stroke, me personally, i would go a 4 stroke, probably a yamaha.

As for pricing, depends where you are, north of sort of Gladstone, most brands have us over a barrel in terms of pricing, because in each regional centre you would be very lucky to have more than one dealer for each brand, so even the competition between dealers isn't there unless you are willing to travel some fair distances to try and get a better deal, thats about the only time i envy Brisbane.

Do the footwork, and if you don't mind travelling to get yourself a better deal, get on the phone as well, I would mind betting you would get someone to come down to maybe 15k for the zuke even less if you play the dealers against one another. Don't forget the marine industry has slowed down a bit, so dealers with plenty of competition would be chomping at the bit for a bit of business, even if it means sacrificing some net profit. Just remember, lay down a minimal deposit (500 max would be my suggestion) and don't pay another cent until its fitted and setup up right for your boat.

Malcolm W
13-11-2009, 01:22 PM

Just curious, was the 100 much cheaper than the 115?. The suzuki website has both motors as identical in all stats apart from maximum HP.

brrbear
13-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Just repowered the longboat a few months ago, quote off Suzuki here, 115hp fitted ($17,400) plus hyd steer ($1300) = $18,700!!!!! What the!!!!!
Went with a Opti 115, price was $14,500 fitted with hyd steer, 20kg lighter
and smart craft guages (nice bit of kit). Nearly 50hrs already and couldn't be happier. AND the $4200 saving from the Suzuki shouts me a new H/bird 997 side image sounder/gps for Chrissy!!8-)

BOTTOM LINE IS IT PAYS TO SHOP AROUND
Cheers
Lee
sure does same motor fitted 115 opti sg 12.8,3weeks ago.very happy so far.

deckie
13-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Bottom line is they dont want you to know what they cost...nor do they want you to be able to compare pricing in a free marketplace.
The added bonus of course is that you are not only expected to do the research but then use YOUR time to seek THEM out.

Its just the way things are done in this country....bend over and pay a stupid price whilst they do the least work for it...then no matter which way the aussie dollar goes there is an excuse why prices remain high and there's a 6 week wait for parts...and when the dollar goes back down they try to tell you there will be a price rise so better get in quick.

Basically u need to do the legwork coz the industry is not set up to be friendly to you..just to get the money from your wallet for the least effort on their part.

legsy11
13-11-2009, 08:15 PM
have a look at brisbane yamaha site.he lists all the prices.burpengary on bruce highway.
prices should really start to drop now as they use up all the stock that was bought at high aus dollar rate.i spoke someone there the other day and i think it was 1500 or so diff between 100 and 115.
the prices on his site are for fitted and include all gauges and stainless prop.
best of luck but go fourstroke yami and you wont need it.
mick

deckie
14-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Great site...ok its not the donk he was after but THAT is the sort of thing that helps us out HUGELY and they ought to be sponsored with extra sales.

This garbage of having an unwritten rule of being coy about pricing is just being deliberately anti-competitive and we ought to bark up about it...sick of it. All because we've been very very nice to them over the yrs and bent over and took it and made it easy for them. They expect it.

We're boaties...we're supposed to be ripped off.

As long as his installation and service history is first rate no reason why u wouldnt even take a few days off and tow the boat up from Sydney to him.

We shouldnt need to ask for it and we shouldnt have to do all the damn work.

rat_catcher
14-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Bottom line is they dont want you to know what they cost...nor do they want you to be able to compare pricing in a free marketplace.
The added bonus of course is that you are not only expected to do the research but then use YOUR time to seek THEM out.
Go down to your local newsagent and pickup a copy of Peter Webster's F&B Magazine. In the back of every edition they have a full table of all Aussie sold outboards with specifications and cost.

deckie
14-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Go down to your local newsagent and pickup a copy of Peter Webster's F&B Magazine. In the back of every edition they have a full table of all Aussie sold outboards with specifications and cost.
No use to me or anyone.
They are guides only like the car ones....its not as tho u can ring the magazine and ask what they will sell u one for this weekend and how much for installation.

My favorite is the bloke who says "tell u what..when you think you're ready why dont u pop down and see us"

Yeah taaa mate...thats the same as saying "i'm far too bloody lazy to come and see you with details... and i assume u dont know the difference between an outboard motor and a motorbike so u need to actually see it in person....so piss off and dont bother me until you want to give me the cash coz i'm not quoting u over the phone"

Retail service in this country (not just boating) is just as bad as it was 40 yrs ago and is laughable.

rat_catcher
14-11-2009, 10:11 AM
No use to me or anyone.
They are guides only like the car ones....its not as tho u can ring the magazine and ask what they will sell u one for this weekend and how much for installation.
Fair enough.... but I thought it would have got you in the ballpark. I do agree with you on the frustration around how secretive prices are in the marine industry though!

Wahoo
14-11-2009, 10:22 AM
would anyone have a copy of this? Pm me as i would like to know a few RRP on a 300hp

Daz

fatovich
14-11-2009, 10:33 AM
The f&b magazine at least gives you a ball park figure. Townsville Marine list a 115 at $16 351 on their website, I assume fitting is extra.

Outboard prices are a rip off in this country.

legsy11
14-11-2009, 09:54 PM
just got told from a good source that i can get 2 140 suzi 4 bangers for 8800 each from the states.
f@b has them rrp for 17 900.
worth it in my opinion.
forget about keeping it oz if there going to kick us in the guts like that.

rat_catcher
18-11-2009, 12:05 PM
just got told from a good source that i can get 2 140 suzi 4 bangers for 8800 each from the states.
Just be 100% sure that you can do the deal, rather than just getting a quote. For some reason dealers over here are not allowed to sell un-rigged outboards. I read on a US forum that every engine has to leave the dealer on the back of a boat.

No idea why, but knowing the Yanks it is probably something to do with liability!

Luke G
18-11-2009, 12:09 PM
They wouldn't sell me one for that reason rat_catcher, but there are people on here who has done it.

boatboy50
18-11-2009, 12:49 PM
US advertised prices rarely include any of the extras included in an Oz price, such as controls, cables, guages, prop, ect ect

Darren

Makka Nick
18-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Speak to John Eadie on 0407738731. He quoted me approx $16300 for a DF140 fitted with a factory stainless prop. I chose to go with a 150hp Etec instead but I've heard he does an excellent job.

Hope that helps in some way.

Katcaddy
19-11-2009, 06:02 AM
Hi Ryan, do you want 20" or 25" let me know and i will give you an Ausfish Price

rat_catcher
19-11-2009, 12:09 PM
US advertised prices rarely include any of the extras included in an Oz price, such as controls, cables, guages, prop, ect ect
Yes that is absolutely correct too!

suzygs1000
19-11-2009, 04:54 PM
How come that everytime someone asks about price of a particular model of outboard, most of the replies are blokes who have a different outboard, and are trying to ram their brand down the throat of the person making the enquiry?

Is it that you are so peeved off with your own motor, that you will feel better if someone else ends up with one too?

Come on, get a life you guys.....

siegfried
19-11-2009, 06:37 PM
I would do something real cunnin and sneaky that no one has thought of..go and get some quotes and go with the cheapest one::) dont tell anyone but, otherwise theyll all want to do it