PDA

View Full Version : Aquamaster 5.1m Abalone?

scoota
10-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Does anyone know anything, good or bad about these new tinnies on the market?

My brother-inlaw is very keen on a centre console version and has asked for my assistance but I have nothing:-/ !!!

Hope someone may have seen or even own one could give there opinion?

The one he is looking at will have a 75 or 90 E-Tec.

Thanks...

Scoota...

marto78
11-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Hey scoota,
I bught one a year ago with the 90etec on the back. Have found it to be an awesome boat I got a 100l fuel tank put in with a few extras and get about 200km to a tank. We do a lot of trips off 1770 in it. Have come home in 20kts and 2m of swell a couple of times no worries. The only issue is the viper prop on the etec ventilating a bit more then i would like in the heavier swells, but am going to change to a solas prop soon.
Cheers marto

tunaticer
11-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Who is building these boats now??
I had one custom built by Aquamaster in '95, I think that guys has left now.

stevenc
19-11-2009, 09:41 PM
I had a smaller runabout abalone bought in springwood. Boat seemed solid, but I dont have much positive things to say about the buying experience from the dealer. I found resale to be hard cause the brand is not what people are generally looking for, although the few that inspected were impressed with the build of the boat. I only had it a year so not a good indication for you of reliablility.
Couple problems I had were on the trailer with leaf spring and the tail lights, battery failed on the boat after about 6 months.
Hope this is of some help.