PDA

View Full Version : 2 stroke probs.. any ideas

benni_fish
09-11-2009, 11:24 PM
hey guys today on the water my yamaha 15hp 2 stoke had a few issues (2001 model)

at trolling speed everything was fine, once i tried to get moving the engine would just rev out without any real response from the prop. the engine itself seems to be starting and running at idle with no problems

im heading to cunnignhams in a few days and wouldnt mind a few rough ideas to mention..

any help would be great thanx.

Roughasguts
09-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Sounds like you spun the rubber bush on the prop.

That there bush is there if you get a prop strike, the hub will let go and spin so the gearbox doesn't get any exspensive damage.

Trouble is now you have to go and get the prop re bushed! any boat place should be able to get it done.

Just to be sure! Get a texta and draw a line on the prop and across the prop nut and washer next time it spins those lines will not line up.

cheers.

cbruh1
10-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Yeh, It sounds like a prop bush, I did mine over a year ago, came on here asked similar questions to what you asked and the good people of ausfished narrowed it down to prop bush.

As Roughasguts said, any good boat dealer/mechanic should be able to get it redone. Ithink from memory mine cost $50-$70 cant remeber exactly. and it was a 15hp mariner.

benni_fish
11-11-2009, 01:38 PM
spot on! $52 to get rebushed but have to wait til next week to pick it up, so missing this weekends dawn and dusk tides... very dissapointing!

joey_1987
11-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Grab a spare prop if you don't want to miss out?