PDA

View Full Version : Alloy paddles

doggy39
09-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Chasing a pair of alloy paddles that are 2 piece so i can store them under my casting deck,the telescopic paddles are to short so wondering if anybody knows where to buy 2 piece paddles thanks.

Doggy39

Roughasguts
10-11-2009, 03:58 AM
I don't think it makes much differance how long the paddles are!!
there bloody useless for moving a boat by yourself.

Better off getting wet and swimming with the bow rope around your neck.

Noelm
10-11-2009, 07:46 AM
unless the boat is small, as mentioned, paddles are useless, proper Oars are OK, if they are the right length to suit the boat, but paddles only comply to the regulations, but in use, are next to useless.

deckie
10-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Yeah just when u need it u'll find a paddle is useless kit. A long telescopic strong boat hook is useful but unless your rig is very light those paddles arnt worth a damn except to satisfy the red tape.

doggy39
10-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the info,roughasguts to many snapping handbags in the creeks for me to bail over and swim i see more of them then boats these days. will just get a set to comply with the rules .

oldboot
10-11-2009, 10:52 PM
I have a pair of telescopic paddles....they are useless...you can have em if you like.

I have just baught a pair of off the shelf alloy & plastic paddles ( under $20 each) and replaced the shaft with a longer and stronger piece of alloy pipe......I still don't know where I am going to put them.

They may not be wonderfull but at least I can reach the water with them and thay are as strong as I can pull on them.

So the satisfy the regulation and the GSO.....specificaly "they are long enough and strong enough to do the job"......the fact that I am not long enough or strong enough to do the job is beside the point.

If you have a oar locks....things to put oars in.... you are obliged to carry oars...of adequate length and strength.

The published information is very specific......and there are a lot of people out there that will get Zipped if they get inspected and the official is getting narky

This has just given me a thaught........I am thinking about getting some bushes turned up so I can break them down..... but the bushes will probaly cost more than the whole exercise so far.

cheers