PDA

View Full Version : Someone to sell my boat for me in Brisbane

bow rider
09-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Hello all,

I need a boat sold in Brisbane.

I am currently in Longreach but will be moving the boat to Brisbane at Christmas time.
I will be leaving Australia for a year shortly after that and have nowhere in Brisbane to store the boat.
I also have no one in Brisbane that knows anything about boats that could sell it for me.

Is there a company that would sell it for me, maybe on some sort of commission basis?

It is a 2007 5.5m Formosa Bowrider. It has a 140 Suzuki with very low hours.
It also has a heap of gear with it.

I am not trying to advertise the boat here, merely asking for advice.
If I have posted in the wrong forum I apologise.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers, Jack.

lippa
09-11-2009, 08:39 PM
www.johncrawfordmarine.com.au

bow rider
09-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Thanks lippa, I'll check them out :2thumbsup:

Jarrah Jack
09-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Wouldn't do any harm to advertise it yourself on this forum and boatpoint from where you are now. You never know what can be arranged with buyers long distance. I recently brought a boat from interstate sight unseen except when I handed over the $$$ at a meeting point.

WalFish
09-11-2009, 09:17 PM
I agree with Jarrah Jack. Advertise it on here, that electronic bay place and anywhere else you can.

I was in Townsville, boat I found at a great price in Harvey Bay on the electronic bay site. Bought it after the reserve wasn't met pending inspection. He towed it north to Miriam Vale where we had a pie and coffee while I checked it out, handed over the cheque, hitched her up to my car and off we went. Never a drama.

bow rider
09-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Thanks Guys,

I will probably advertise electronically and try to sell it before it needs to go on consignment.

Just need to sort out a few things like exactly how much gear I want to sell and a price.

Cheers, Jack