PDA

View Full Version : Boat hire in Rockhampton?

braddo
08-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Does anyone know of anywhere I can hire a tinny or similar for a few days a week around Rockhampton / Gladstone? For work on the Fitzroy River.

Cheers
Brad

rat_catcher
10-11-2009, 06:18 AM
Brad - There are a few guys from Rocky on the forums so hang around for a bit and you should get an answer. I am currently overseas, but come form Rocky, but cannot think of any place.

What work are you doing on the river?

braddo
17-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Thanks RC,

I'm looking to fish for king salmon over the summer months as I'm looking at their reproductive activity for a uni project. For most of the year I get samples from the pros, but with the barra closure in effect I get to come and chase them myself or get them of other rec fishers. If fact, if anyone catches or knows anybody that catches king salmon from the Fitzroy would they be able to keep the frames and viscera (can be frozen)? I'll be up in Rocky a few time between now and the end of the year and will pick them up when I pass through. Send me a PM or give me a call 0401055589

Brad

ifishcq1
17-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi Braddo

can you send me your details ifishcq2@bigpond.com and I will get it in the paper this Friday

cheers

rat_catcher
18-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Scott will get it in the paper, but you could also call Pillie (Steven Pill) at Barra Jacks Tackleworld and he can get the word out. He does a fishing email weekly and appears on the news every Friday.

I am sure he could help you out too.

(07) 4922 4833