PDA

View Full Version : tinnie consol ides

bearessentials
08-11-2009, 02:04 PM
hey guys, i am currently fitting side decks and cast decks among other things to my tinnie, but am a little stumped as to what i can do for a small consol, it only has to be big enough to hold a cd player, vhf radio and a few switches for my bilge and nav lights. i want it out of the way enough so it doesnt interfere with my fishing and crabbing, but accessable so i can mount my gps and sounder on top or near it. any ideas?? photos of yours might help too..
cheers, Bearessentials..

krazyfisher
08-11-2009, 02:35 PM
what is the set up of your tinny now? a photo would be handy

bearessentials
08-11-2009, 02:55 PM
it is bare at the moment, stessco catcher 420. soon to have wide side decks, front cast deck, rear cast deck with motor well incorporated, space between thwart seats will be just flat floor at bottom of seat height.. my only thoughts for console are to come from side deck down on a slight angle to top of rear thwart seat, about the same width of seat so it is accessable but not too bulky..

bilby
08-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Hi there,
I made a console for my stacer nomad, i mounted a carpeted board on the side ribes, and made a box approx 200 x 300, it sits directly in front of me (tiller steer) and i have my sounder on top, and my switch block on the side, i have a rod holder on the front for my net. You could make it big enough for a cd player/ vhf. It also doubles as a great spot to terminate all your wiring so no salt water can get to it.
Cheers Bill.

Tailortaker
08-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Bribie Boats have some good alloy ones that would suit you.. They get them made up for their new boats. Not sure on price but if your near by would be worth a try.
Cheers TT

shano
08-11-2009, 07:37 PM
this is what i did to mine , i incorporated a side pocket ,you can see on top a plate i can mount a sounder and in the side under the sounder i can mount the switches. this is a pic before sanding back welds and making it all pretty and stuff lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/shane0o7/080920091480-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/shane0o7/080920091481-1.jpg

bearessentials
09-11-2009, 06:26 AM
cheers guys, shano that looks like a good option for me... will post up some pics of my rig when i get her done....

shano
09-11-2009, 10:01 PM
where ya getting it done?