PDA

View Full Version : silly boys

nautical prince
05-11-2009, 07:48 PM
seen a rather large glass boat being towed Nth to the sunny coast last night passing people at more than 140km per hr the boat would be over 3 tone no and behold some one blew a tyre and srayed my ute with rubber. Slow down boys you will get there but try not to kill ya selfs and any one else in the process. could have been a much worse outcome
Lenny:-/

Blackened
05-11-2009, 09:38 PM
G'day

I suppose w@nker would be too nice a word to call the driver?

Dave

battleon
05-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Just out of interest what was towing a 3 tonne boat at 140k's..

Gotta be crazy!!!!!!

sleepygreg
05-11-2009, 10:59 PM
30 -40ks over the speed limit?????? WTF....boat trailer tyres would probably be rated to 100k max....some people are accidents going somewhere to happen. I have driven that road many times, in a number of different 4WD's, plus falcons, commodores etc.....no f$ckn way would i be doing 140 in the car..let alone towing something. As a matter of fact was bloody scary towing the KC with the 80 series LC at 90k (once the wind swung behind us).

Greg

sparkyice
06-11-2009, 04:17 AM
yikes!!

could you see what kind of beer they were drinkin' or were they goin too fast?

the baker
06-11-2009, 06:49 AM
No regard for them selves let alone any one else. It's all good until the boys in blue go around to your house, and tell your wife that her husband is dead. Then she has to go and tell the kids that Daddy isn't coming home anymore.

WAKE UP THIS IS HOW GOOD PEOPLE DIE!!!!!

Dave

Spin
06-11-2009, 09:18 AM
I was going to say
Thats nothing wait till they get on the water.
but i wont .

Opps.

cormorant
06-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Not normally a dobber but that would tempt me to call it in.

Only luck at that speed to only do one tyre and walk away as the other tyre on that side with a dual axel is instantly overloaded. If it was on the vehicle can turn to shit even faster Even when younger and bulletproof I wasn't that stupid as I had seen what happens with failures on loaded trailers at much lesser load on vans and car trailers. Perfectly set up it can feel ok but never worth the risk or consequences. No such thing as a small accident at those speeds at that weight on a standard trailer. Bloody hard on the tow vehicle as well.