PDA

View Full Version : predator 4.3 tri hull test run

maru222
04-11-2009, 08:27 AM
i brought an old tri hull with pod and 40 johno on back and have been fixing little issues for the last few months and playing around canals, rivers

very stable- me walking side too side she might dip 100 mm

yesterday i took took her out of marloolabar in 20+ knots to see what she would do in waves ,chop etc

i"m totally blown away with the preformance

smooth and comfortable in short sharp chop .7-1 metre

it did slam coming off the back heading directly on into 1 metre steap wave,not bone crushing more noise than anything but at 4000-4500 rpm , i found if i went at a 15-20 degree angle smooth as poo

will not broche in following sea

running at 4500-5000 rpm along short sharp chop ( 1m) again unbelievable

and as a bonsus dry as well , i through i was surpose to get wet

i have owned 9 boats in my live (all glass) up to 5.5 m savage MAKO being the best, but the PREDATOR for its size what a great hull

what a pity they donot make them any more

regards dave :D

Noelm
04-11-2009, 09:04 AM
most Cats and Tris will not broach in a following sea, so that is no real surprise, stability is also no surprise, not too sure about going 4,500 into a 1M chop, but hey you came back from it all, so I guess when it is all said and done if it is stable, goes OK and you like it, then stick with it.

ozbee
06-11-2009, 08:43 PM
sounds more like running a going out sea than a real chop.best wishes my back gave them a flick a long time ago.

zakster
06-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Welcome to TRI- HULL world. Why dont you really spoil yourself and try a Hydrofield. ;D ;D ;D