PDA

View Full Version : Whats the things other then barra on a barra trip

Tropicaltrout
03-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Well we all know the draw card is the fish but what else does this fish do or bring to the table for you all?

BR65
03-11-2009, 09:51 PM
camp oven roasts on a cold nite

Obi _ Wan
03-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Happiness, Satisfaction and Good Mates to talk to.

John.

rc@hinze
03-11-2009, 10:11 PM
The hunting experience. Getting to zap around in my boat and being on the water. Having my mind totally occupied by something other than the day to day grind. Getting the IBD fix. Relaxing with friends.

NAGG
03-11-2009, 10:39 PM
So many different things

#When living back in Sydney - there was the road trip

#Every trip has that anticipation

#Time on the water ...... particularly sunset

#The company of others on the water & around a fire

#The challenge

#Camp fire cooking

#Sharing a yarn & experiences at the end of the day

#Personal satisfaction

just so many things ......... but ultimately the Fish:P

Chris

Whitto
04-11-2009, 05:21 AM
It's the Occasion.....The Vibe......It's the Constitution......Straight to the Pool Room stuff.......If there's anything better "Tell them their Dreaming";D

Peter4
04-11-2009, 08:13 AM
Bonding time with my best mate - my son Kyle...

Whitto
04-11-2009, 08:22 AM

Your a good man Pete I look forward to meeting both yourself and Kyle.

Pete62
04-11-2009, 08:39 AM

Hey, I thought I was ya best mate...;D...............that Kyle.............

Nah, just kiddin' for me it's all the above plus the anticipation. Sure, I look forward to any fishing trip be it a run up to the hill for a wild bass or a run to the local creek to pester the jacks, but a Barra trip is something else.
Usually weeks if not months in the planning, it's a fair drive for me, the anticipation builds and come THE day, I am usually like a giddy schoolgirl having packed and repacked, checked and rechecked gear and supplies.

Then once I get there the anticipation shifts as i gaze out over the playing field and wonder what will happen over the coming days.

The fun, the mateship, the camping, the stresslessness (is that a word?) of it all.

See, I am excited just talkin about it.

Awesome.............

Pete.

robersl
04-11-2009, 08:58 AM
;D The rum
wild horses;D
the chit chat in the camp
comparing notes and practices over a rum or a beer

shane

Big_Ren
04-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Being able to turn my phone off, the growing matehsip and camaraderie, the time spent just listening on the water (completely different to listening around the fire of truth)......

Just being away and in a very special place is reward enough for this little duck.

Cheers
Paul

warrior
04-11-2009, 03:52 PM
being away from the day to day sh..t at work,getting the adrenalin pump everytime you hook up:o and the shaky hands after release ,being with my wife when she hooks up and seeing her excitement;D ,spending time with mates out on the water doing what we love ,fishin.

MORFIN
04-11-2009, 08:22 PM
The serenity( The Castle) I cant help but think of that when on the water. Then some twat goes past on a ski boat & blows that thought out of the water.

Pete Mate

matt fraser
04-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Before a trip, its the anticipation whilst going through tackle and boat preperation. Phone calls and emails with mates. The final packing and checking of tackle, clothes, food and camping gear.

The road trip itself isn't a highlight for me, but I'm getting used to it.

On the water, all the senses are working overtime - nostrils filled with the distinct smell of freshwater and all that lives there. The sounds of the bush - birds and insects. The sight of the waterway, its surrounding terrain and its vegetation. The birds, reptiles and all creatures that are drawn to the waterway.

Magic Sunrises and Sunsets, Moonrises and fishing under a star and moonlit sky. Experiencing the power of a summer storm or the contrasting stillness of glassy dawn.

Swagging it under the stars

Meeting and fishing with like minded people and sharing a yarn around camp.

I love a lot of different types of fishing, and fisherman are lucky that their sport takes them to places to experience all of the above and more. But there is something special about barra fishing that intensifies just about every aspect of the experience.

The hours invested and the effort expended for each bite is much higher than for any other fish. Consequently, the lows are lower, but more importantly the highs are much higher when the quarry is big barramundi!

Cheers,

Matt

Obi _ Wan
04-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Before a trip, its the anticipation whilst going through tackle and boat preperation. Phone calls and emails with mates. The final packing and checking of tackle, clothes, food and camping gear.

The road trip itself isn't a highlight for me, but I'm getting used to it.

On the water, all the senses are working overtime - nostrils filled with the distinct smell of freshwater and all that lives there. The sounds of the bush - birds and insects. The sight of the waterway, its surrounding terrain and its vegetation. The birds, reptiles and all creatures that are drawn to the waterway.

Magic Sunrises and Sunsets, Moonrises and fishing under a star and moonlit sky. Experiencing the power of a summer storm or the contrasting stillness of glassy dawn.

Swagging it under the stars

Meeting and fishing with like minded people and sharing a yarn around camp.

I love a lot of different types of fishing, and fisherman are lucky that their sport takes them to places to experience all of the above and more. But there is something special about barra fishing that intensifies just about every aspect of the experience.

The hours invested and the effort expended for each bite is much higher than for any other fish. Consequently, the lows are lower, but more importantly the highs are much higher when the quarry is big barramundi!

Cheers,

Matt

That's very well put Matt

In fact i'd settle for that :thumbup:

It says it all, thanks. 8-)

Cheers,
John.

Dick Pasfield
04-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Four good reasons, with a multitude within each one
http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr4/dickpasfield/second%20album/3-3.jpg

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr4/dickpasfield/second%20album/4-2.jpg