PDA

View Full Version : Making A 150 Etec Into A 175

littlemac
01-11-2009, 10:19 PM
hi guys,

does anyone know any info into making a 150etec into a 175. the blocks are the same so i think it is the programing???? i have a 600r breeze hh.

thanks in advance

cheers

brett

Angla
01-11-2009, 11:34 PM
If it was just that easy, wouldn't they do it at the boatyard when you purchase?

Have you put a power chip in your car and mapped the engine yet to get 100% out of the motor?

I think motors should be left alone unless you know exactly what you are doing. Any promises from fly by night professionals is probably not in your best interest. I would not like to be scooting past the Hards at full tilt to find out the pistons are melting due to the extra stresses on the engine components.

Cheers
Chris

Jabba_
02-11-2009, 06:35 AM
It can not be done, period.....

Even if you got the EMM off another 175 E-tec and put it onto your 150, you will still need to program the coefficienties off each injector into the EMM otherwise it wil not run correctly.. Some pots will run rich and the others lean and blow you motor....

Programing the coefficienties requires a program for each injector from BRP.. Each injector is flow tested at the factory and a progame is written for that injector and then finaly downloaded into the EMM... If the injector and programe are installed to cylinder #3, then that is were it stays,, you can not switch the injector to another cylinder,, ever.

Noelm
02-11-2009, 09:28 AM
this sort of thing comes up all the time, with motors that share what appears to be a common block configuration, in theory it would be possible, but in practice not a viable option, not only is the cost usually too much, but you then run into other drama as well, with something that has been mucked about with (even by so called experts) and it will never run right, best forget the whole thing.

julian1
02-11-2009, 10:10 AM
just buy some new cowling stickers ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

Spaniard_King
02-11-2009, 10:14 AM
If you have the $$ anything is possible :)

littlemac
02-11-2009, 10:47 AM
just buy some new cowling stickers ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

love it i will buy 300 stickers lol

cheers

brett

Noelm
02-11-2009, 11:28 AM
300HP will be way too powerfull your boat, best just buy some 200 stickers.

FNQCairns
02-11-2009, 12:02 PM
It can not be done, period.....

Even if you got the EMM off another 175 E-tec and put it onto your 150, you will still need to program the coefficienties off each injector into the EMM otherwise it wil not run correctly.. Some pots will run rich and the others lean and blow you motor....

Programing the coefficienties requires a program for each injector from BRP.. Each injector is flow tested at the factory and a progame is written for that injector and then finaly downloaded into the EMM... If the injector and programe are installed to cylinder #3, then that is were it stays,, you can not switch the injector to another cylinder,, ever.

Jabba, great info and reasoning used to back it up.

cheers fnq

lethal098
02-11-2009, 07:15 PM
why do you ned more power maccas, the boat never sees water so running it in he driveway, it wont matter if you had twin 150's it still will not make it go faster. hahahaha, cheers Lee, oh pmme your email and i will send you a photo of the cobia we got yesterday ALL 41KGs of it.