PDA

View Full Version : 5 star camping grounds??

greenie.77
28-10-2009, 07:04 PM
My wife and myself just bought a Jayco Flight camper. Now, we aren't the adventurous types and we have 3 kids.

Can people please recomend some camping grounds along the east coast that are great for kids. I know of the one at Hastings point already that has the kids adventure park, but any others would be good too.....who knows, we might even get a little more adventurous the more we do it!!!

Thanks guys!!:)

Marlin_Mike
28-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Happy Wanderer Hervey Bay. Excellent facilities great park

Aunty Jack
28-10-2009, 08:11 PM
good friends go to the dolphin? at yamba every year 5star all the way.

Mike Delisser
30-10-2009, 12:58 AM
It's not on the coast but the Big 4 at Cania Gorge Monto is the best camping ground for families with kids that I've ever seen. And the bass and toga fishing at the lake there is great as well.
Cheers
Mike

Argle
30-10-2009, 09:46 AM
I would second the Blue Dolphin at Yamba, Im going for a week in the December holidays:D . I would also recommend the Fraser Lodge at Torquay in Hervey Bay.
And if you are going further North you should check out the Adventure Whitsunday Resort at Airlie Beach, in a word AWESOME especially if you have kids.

Cheers

greenie.77
04-11-2009, 06:02 AM
Thanks guys, just what I'm after.....keep them coming!!

StevenM
04-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Did the Blue Dolphin once; Great set up but bloody expensive.

Now we rent a house for a week in Yamba and is soooo much better.

shano
04-11-2009, 08:02 PM
get on the big 4 website mate! they have the best! the best one we found was the big 4 cairns! man it is the best , wins all the awards! worth the drive.

The Phantom
04-11-2009, 08:47 PM
If the Blue Dolphin at Yamba is to expensive, try the Calypso, great park.

dreemon
06-11-2009, 07:15 AM
We will be going to Big4 Tweed Billabong Holiday Park, next week.

they have cabins , van and tent sites,
2 min to boat ramp, pool with slide, movies around the pool, seems to be set up well for kids,

30 Holden st
tweed heads south
Ph 07 5524 2444 fax 5524 9669
web; www.tweedbillabong.com.au

cactus jack
09-11-2009, 05:14 PM
For something a little different try Bigriggen park at Rathdowny, lots of open space (take bikes) no noise. Still has shower and $hitter for the wife. but can have a camp fire etc. Google it for a look

griz066
11-11-2009, 06:40 AM
Big 4 "Treasure Island" at Gold Coast is the best place for the kids that we have ever stayed.

http://www.treasureisland.com.au/

Reel
13-11-2009, 04:38 PM
We along with friends stayed at the Big4 Cania Gorge last Christmas, the park was near full and the toilets and showers were in a filthy state every day and night, we had to sweep and mop it everytime before use. The pool was not cleaned daily and sure was the worse for wear and filthy near the end of our stay.

I complained to the owners they didnt say anything and also compalined to Big4
on my return, other than a nothing email heard nothing back.

We are not serial whingers and in fact this is the only park we have ever had a bad experience in. So definitely dont recommed it at all especially during peak times.

Tritto
13-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Mate, The best place for kids and the larges sights for your van are at the Darlington Beach Resort at Arrawarra, which is 30 min north of Coffs Harbour. They have the largest sights I have ever seen. Great facilities for the kids, (Pool with slides, huge jumping pillow, BMX track, nice par three gold course, organised kids activities during the holidays and it is right on the beach. All the streets within the park are hot mix tar which is good for the kids. I would rate this as the best park in the country. We spend every easter there. It is run by NRMA, you will find it on their web site. Takes 4hrs from the Gold Coast to get there

greenie.77
23-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Thanks for all the info guys, we have booked Blue dolphin at Yamba after new years for 4 nights so Looking forwards to that.....any more, please post....negative comments are helpfull as well, know where NOT to stay.