PDA

View Full Version : mercury service manuals

danryan75
28-10-2009, 04:05 PM
g'day fellas just wondering where i should go to pick up a service manual for my mercury outboard. have dione some research and the part number of the manual i need is 90-858896 for a 60hp 4st. have called cunninghams and northside and both said 2 weeks wait:( if anybody knows of any good online sites or has one i could use for a weekend would be greatly appreciated.

darkside
28-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Although video piracy is illegal, and it would just be for novelty value only , i own a 2005 4 stroke merc and have the full "On Disk" workshop manual.

PM me, say the right things and i could send you a blank DVD, and with any luck i havent copied over it, and if i had it would have been for backup reasons only !!!!!!

In saying that i also have the "full howto service and maintain" outboards Manual, which covers everything from flushing to complete rebuilds, i may have had to back that up as well, we cant be too carefull, can we !!!

bicko1
28-10-2009, 10:43 PM
mercury manuals are hard to find because everyone with a merc needs them all the time. I have a yamaha one thats in good nic if you want never been read. sorry couldnt resist :P

oldboot
28-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Having the genuine paper manual specific to your motor is worth it.....I have both the mercury disk and the paper manual......the paer manual has soo much more in it.

the disks can be had off ebay.

cheers

Noelm
29-10-2009, 10:09 AM
spend the money, buy a genuine manual for your specific model, do not get the generic (seloc or clymer) or cheap online CD copies, you will be sadly disappointed when you actually need to use them.

Jarrah Jack
29-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Whats wrong with the seloc paper manual Noelm I use mine for my zuk 70 and find it great although a bit heavy for bedtime reading.

Noelm
29-10-2009, 12:15 PM
the problem is when you get into very specific things, the seloc is very general and you will need a setting or diagram for something that is peculiar to your motor, and the manual will not have it, just a general "how to" but not exact for anything, seen it hundreds of times, and seen posters asking for things because the manual does not give it.

Steeler
29-10-2009, 02:44 PM
mercury manuals are hard to find because everyone with a merc needs them all the time. I have a yamaha one thats in good nic if you want never been read. sorry couldnt resist :P

Bicko

You have a Yama HA HA.They call em sponges cause they like a drink of water internally. Sorry could not resist:P

oldboot
29-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Whats wrong with the seloc paper manual Noelm I use mine for my zuk 70 and find it great although a bit heavy for bedtime reading.

the genuine motor specific manuals from mercury are very good.

the diagrams are excelent, you get prop tables with part numbers, exploded diagrames of most things..with the proper part descriptions (but not part numbers), tourque wrench setting for absolutely everything..AND good quality paper and clear black print.
Even the factory service CD does not have all that.

cheers

darkside
29-10-2009, 08:36 PM
the genuine motor specific manuals from mercury are very good.

the diagrams are excelent, you get prop tables with part numbers, exploded diagrames of most things..with the proper part descriptions (but not part numbers), tourque wrench setting for absolutely everything..AND good quality paper and clear black print.
Even the factory service CD does not have all that.

cheers

I must admit , i am so over paper manuals and books, i find the way i learn is computer based, i can source it easier on the computer and if i find a section i need, i can expand it and print it for the job.

I dont like black print, i much prefer colour LCD, and i find computer based way more interactive and easier to navigate , eventually all manuals and sales brochers will be online or on disk.

Mind you thats just how i find it easier to work, i also take a lot of pics when i pull something apart so i can see on the computer how it goes back together and once again i can print it in stages to refresh my memory while i am working on it.

Jobs finished , papers in the bin, and the manual is still spotless because its only ones and zeros and still on the computer ..