PDA

View Full Version : Time to sell SNAPPERCOFFIN unsure on price?

SNAPPERCOFFIN
27-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Guys your thoughts on price here is the details.
Seafarer Venga 5mt
Trailer unknown ok
Mariner 75hp oil injected top condition past any mechanical inspection
and foil
Twin Battery set up top condition marine
Wiring all tinned heat shrinked
Navman Colour sounder
150ltre Esky doubles as seat
Transom rebuilt 5 years ago solid as
Live bait tank and deck wash
Beilge system
Fuel Tanks 2 25litre and 50 litre
Bait Board
8 Rod holder
13 rod rocket launcher
2 anchors and retrive bouy
120mm rope with chain
Heaps of storage
clips under pockets for gaffs and net
fully carpeted
Canopy and side clears
outboard support
All Nav lights and interior lights
Gme Uhf
Gaff and Net
Ski Tube and Rope
Trailer Lock
4 Life jackets
H/duty Burley Bucket
Spare Prop
Fuel filter

Tops for offshore fishing can runaround all day to Caloudra wide with 3 guys from Bribie and back on about 80 litres of fuel

Thanks Mark

finding_time
27-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Mark

No idea on price bu you need to get in contact with the poster of this link

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=156634

ian

bennyboy
27-10-2009, 04:48 PM
You might get someone willing to pay $5000 for it but I would say a thousand or two less.
Be careful as it would weigh over 750kg and really should be on a braked trailer (I couldn't see brakes on the photos) so you are technically selling an unroadworthy rig

dreemon
27-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Put it on a scale, but I'm betting it's under 750 kgs cause I know mine is under that weight easy with a 90hp, I would like brakes on mine though, Those mariners imo are built to last . don't know what you'll get for for it but it does have everything to get someone on the water strait away and get onto some fishing, good luck with the sale,

what are you gonna get next?

SNAPPERCOFFIN
27-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Put it on a scale, but I'm betting it's under 750 kgs cause I know mine is under that weight easy with a 90hp, I would like brakes on mine though, Those mariners imo are built to last . don't know what you'll get for for it but it does have everything to get someone on the water strait away and get onto some fishing, good luck with the sale,

what are you gonna get next?

My thoughts it would be under the 750kg. Will be boatless for a while with needing a epirb/flares, register boat and trailer and not using it since christmas would serve someone else better. Also it has been started every 3-4 weeks since not being used and the batteries just had a full charge. And working on a boat all week fishing commercially and charters on week ends does not leave much time.

Greg P
27-10-2009, 06:17 PM
It's a tough life Mark but someone has to do it ;)

Good luck with the sale

Cheers

Greg

Jarrah Jack
27-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Have a look at similiar boats on ebay and the completed listings which are a good indication of market value. When selling the boat have on hand the comp readings, especially if they are good, as they are an indication of the condition of the motor.

SNAPPERCOFFIN
28-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Anyone with a ball park figure.

DAVE_S
28-10-2009, 07:08 PM
What do you think its worth ?
Just remember you can always come down in price, but not go up.

Jarrah Jack
28-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Put 7k on it and see what happens people will always try and expect to beat you down. I recently sold a 85 115hp yami for over 4 on ebay so you just never know.

firstlight
28-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi Snappercoffin,

If she's regoed, take her down to bribie boats and see what they will give you for a trade-in, that should give you a bit of an idea.

Its hard to say without having a good look, trailer condition etc.

Best of luck

cheers
firstlight

firstlight
28-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Sorry mate, i ment snappercoffin, mustahadcoffeeonmemind

SNAPPERCOFFIN
28-10-2009, 08:16 PM
I was hoping around 6 have seen alot of boats on the side of the road with around the same money and some of them seem really crap but then a week later they are gone makes you wonder if they got the money they asked.

darkside
28-10-2009, 09:26 PM
My first thoughts were around a "handfull" ($5000), but the transoms been done , it has plenty of extras on it, bullet proof motor, so with the extra goodies and if nothing to spend could well and truly pull $6000.00,

Besides you can only ask the question, the market will determine exactly what it's worth. The main thing is the best price is the one your happy to sell at and the price someone is happy to pay for it !!

Cheap boat to go offshore , chase a few fish, get the family out, and summers coming on.

MyEscape
29-10-2009, 05:34 AM
Well I'd have to admit that Iwould be surprised if you could get $7k for it. I'm not saying that it's not worth as you have a solid rig, but it's a long way from new and whilst the new boat packages for $7k are only a tinny with a 30hp motor on them.Yes, I know they don't compare really.

Having said that, for any prospective purchaser doing their sums and adding the cost of all the extras might well consider it as reasonable value

Just a matter of "testing"the market with an advertisement and see what happens. If you take it to a dealer I would say they would not be interested, and besides the trade in price would depend on what you are trading it in. ie. Would a dealer swap it for a $7k new boat package? Would they give you $7k when trading it in on a $150k new boat package?

I think everyone here probably has an opinion, what's it worth to you?

Steve

Smithy
29-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Go with 6K Mark. 2K for the motor, 3K for the hull, $500 for the trailer and $500 for accessories.