PDA

View Full Version : imported outboards

surveyor
25-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi guys
read heaps of the threads about importing outboards looking at a suzuki 225 .my question is if anybody has and what did they do about installation.did any of the yards fit them and would they service them .::)

portsea
25-10-2009, 08:34 PM
We import motors and boats for ourselves and for others. You will find that any outboard mechanic should be able to fit up an outboard for you and I dont know any mechanic that would knock back a service if it meant revenue for his buisiness. be aware that some manafactures wont want to warranty these motors, but I think the cost savings will outweigh the risk. Let me know what you are after I may be able to help.
:)

surveyor
25-10-2009, 08:49 PM
We import motors and boats for ourselves and for others. You will find that any outboard mechanic should be able to fit up an outboard for you and I dont know any mechanic that would knock back a service if it meant revenue for his buisiness. be aware that some manafactures wont want to warranty these motors, but I think the cost savings will outweigh the risk. Let me know what you are after I may be able to help.
:)

thnka portsea how do i contact you i dont know how to pm
Im after preferably a suzuki 225 xl

Jabba_
25-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Can you pm me your contact details also.. Looking at doing a boat next year...

portsea
25-10-2009, 09:48 PM
guys you can contact me at portseamarine@bigpond.com happy to help.

wrxhoon
26-10-2009, 02:00 PM
I know Mercury will warranty a new motor bought in USA . I bought a new Opti as long as its fitted by a dealer its fine .

White Pointer
29-10-2009, 08:02 PM
G'day,

Suggest you be very careful. Stuff out of Asia is often poorly maintained (i.e. never flushed, never serviced and bashed and bruised.

While you may not get manufacturer's warranty you should ask the importer to warrant the power head and drivetrain for twelve months and give you a 3-month defects liability period - no defects you own it, any defects they own it and you get your money back.

If they won't play - don't you.

Regards,

White Pointer