PDA

View Full Version : Borumba Bass

BR65
24-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Great dam, a pleasure to fish the back blocks, but I struggle to pull a bass out of there at any size, let alone trophy fish.
Toges, silver, got a nice golden last trip, but the bass count stands at a miserable 2.
Spinner baits, crank baits, minnows, jigs, placs, cranks, blades, surface, Ive thrown em all, structure, weed bed, points, underwater humps, Ive fished em all, sun up, sun down, mid day, Ive been there, why cant I pull a decent bass from that dam?

Do I need to troll? :'(

Bad_Bazza
24-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Hi BR65,
I can understand where you are coming from. They can be hard to find at times in Borumba. As an example last trip (back in April) the first 2 days were tough and then I found that the fish were only on the hard structure. That is rock and if there was timber all the better. If there was weed on the rock then no fish. All except one of my bass (64) fish for the next three days came from exactly that type of situation.
The other thing that I have found with Borumba your casts need to be very tight on the bank or and then wind your lure about 3 or 4 turns off the bank and let it sink for a count of 6 to 10 depending on the time of day.
If you are fishing standing trees (this is sometimes very successful) then cast past the tree but tight to the tree. Again experiment with the countdown times and make at least 3 or 4 casts to the same piece of structure. Sometimes they need a little provocation to bite.
I don't know if any of this will help you but it has worked for me. Once you get one or two fish you can usually transfer that pattern to most parts of the dam.
I am heading up there on Sunday for 5 days so I will see how it goes.

Bad_Bazza