PDA

View Full Version : When an RACQ truck indicates left and then turns right!

matt fraser
22-10-2009, 09:47 AM
The title and pics say it all,

The old boy came out of it ok, along with the Skeeter, but the trailer and Minn Kota are stuffed.

Sorry Trev, the pics are too good not to put up.

Cheers,

Matt

Plastic_Magic
22-10-2009, 10:00 AM
double post

Plastic_Magic
22-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Thats not good. Hope all is well to trev.

Cheers Lachy

robersl
22-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Hope mr racq Had racq insurance for you trev

shane

bdowdy
22-10-2009, 10:22 AM
ouchhhh thats gotta hurt

Mike Delisser
22-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Not much luck for Trev lately

Roo
22-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Bugger!
Hope all turns out well for you Trev.
cheers Roo.

cormorant
22-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Have had 2 friends have a accident with boat and trailer on the back.

2 lessons I have seen them learn - don't sign off on claim till you have used the boat afterwards. Battery had collapsed cells, tilt trim bracket cracked, tie down rooted, winch eye cracked FG around it, winch spindle bent and pawl stuffed, bent axel , yep the insurers accepted teh cheaper quote to replace old running gear on new trailer chassis - what a joke.. Took about 6 months to find al the little bits that went wrong afterwards right down to trailer light connector not working all the time as wires were stretched.

Better repairers would have spotted some but they just don't have time.

I won't even mention the lifejackets that went missing between yards and the damage the tow truck drivers did while skull dragging the trailer at the scene to the skeg etc

Anyone you walk away from is a good one and glad to see trailer stayed attached but try and make sure it isn't signed off on until dealer ( not some repairer) has test run motor etc etc. It may not look bad but even at low speed some tow bars can pull teh bum of light truck out of shape somake sure they put it on the jig as part of the repair quote as nothing worse than a truck that crabs on the road.

Good luck

TinarooTriumph
22-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Bloody 'ell man! I've never seen a trailer done like that.

Sorry to see Trev. Hope you can get back in action soon.

Talk soon mate.
Cheers

Theo

setthehook
22-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Oh HELL! No good! hope that gets sorted and your back on the water soon mate!
im guessing the barra can relax for a few weeks!
Good luck with it all Trev and hope you dont end up out of pocket!

Andrew M
22-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Bad luck Trev, hope all gets sorted okay.
Sister & brother inlaw had a similar experiance with a b double while on a motorbike, they ended up with minor damage but the bike was not so lucky.

Cheers Andrew

Chimo
22-10-2009, 02:26 PM
:'(Not required

Plastic_Magic
22-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Chimo i dont understand your reply mate. A fellow fisherman has be involved in an accident and all u can assume that it it his fault. Mate that sorta of reply is not welcome. If you had the incedent described to you then different story. People like u should just keep the trap shut.

PM

matt fraser
22-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Chimo,

He was in the process of overtaking, when the driver of the truck changed his mind and decided to turn right instead of left.

Truck driver has admitted full liability.

Thanks for your comment - not!

Matt

Chimo
22-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Glad he was ok and that truck driver admitted liability-

NAGG
22-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Oh HELL! No good! hope that gets sorted and your back on the water soon mate!
im guessing the barra can relax for a few weeks!
Good luck with it all Trev and hope you dont end up out of pocket!

Till how long :-/

The boat is at Gin Gin ( close to) ...... so how long till you think that the illusionist will find its way into a nearby barra pond :P ;) ;D

Chris

Steve B
22-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Sorry to hear about the accident Trev...Hope it all works out for you, and your baby is back on the water ASAP!

If its in Gin Gin, I will keep an eye on it for you!!....PM me if you need anything from it or anything.

Steve.

Whitto
22-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Pleased you got out of that one unscathed Trev....we will have to toast that one with an Orange juice next time we are around a fire.....Onward and Upward, I don't think you will have much trouble getting a spot on a Boat in the mean time....Good luck with the repairs......Whitto

cormorant
22-10-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm starting to drive like a Nanna as I don't trust blinkers and that is for those who actually use them. These days at intersections I'll always wait till a car actually starts making it's turn before I will pull out as too many close shaves over too many years. The late braking people do is amazing and I wonder how they would go in a old XC falcon or HR where at every corner it was always safer to give em a quick pump just to check they were there and wouldn't fade to the floor ( ignore that young folks you wouldn't understand with all the abs , electric and vac boosted brakes these days) etc.

It really is frightening how many people don't use blinkers and then even if they are do something different.

Not even Nanna driving can help you when the bloke does the mind change while he is beside you like in this one. Bloody expensive brain fart from the RACQ guy but that is why we have insurance and alcohol to calm the nerves for the next week.

Big_Ren
22-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Don't think the alcohol will be of any comfort to Trev Cormorant;) But nevertheless, Trev's okay....that is what counts.....boats and trailers can be fixed..... Ditto to most of the above comments...no one likes to see that happen to any of our mates.

Plastic_Magic
22-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Chimo its not needed. This site has ha to many unwanted posts in the wrong sections. IF its not to do with the Post then dont post anything.

Take ur buisness elsewere.

Cheers

Sniper
22-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Just heard about your accident Trev. Hope your ok. Boats and cars can be replaced, great blokes like yourself are irreplacable.
Good to see you on saturday. Hope you and Callum did well on the weekend.
Hope your back on the water soon.

Bill

BR65
22-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Ouch Trev.
Seat in the hornet, if you want to take a ride in the slow lane brother.

Mighty whitey
22-10-2009, 09:27 PM
[quote=matt fraser;1087331]The title and pics say it all,

The old boy came out of it ok, along with the Skeeter, but the trailer and Minn Kota are stuffed.

SORRY to hear about the accident trev boats can be fixed great to hear that your OK boy nearly got the back court back ;D ;D ;D with master NAGG :o :o :o

themissus
23-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Crikey's Trev, glad to hear you ok!!
As said above, trailers etc can be replaced, people can't. Hope your back on the water soon, I'm sure you don't want to slumming it on the back court of a black hornet for the ABT::) 8-)
Stay safe, Kim:-*

oldboot
23-10-2009, 09:35 AM
I think the "not required" post was more like.......a shunt from a rack truck was not needed...........like "I don't need this"

I certaily don't need may boat and trailer wrapped arround the back of my ute.

I'd hope the trailer was written off...I can see a twisted drawbar and what looks like a bent axle..who knows what else......

cheers

ozbee
23-10-2009, 11:08 AM
hope it was duel lane you were driving as the insurance may come back at you as the truck usually has a do not overtake sign on it you may be put to some percentage of blame . main thing your fine and boats can be replaced.

james1
23-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Matty,

Now thats a debacle. How about some photos of you fancy dress as well.

matt fraser
24-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Matty,

Now thats a debacle. How about some photos of you fancy dress as well.

Hey James, what are you doing kicking around here?

Check out page 2 Borat!
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=154382

BTW All - Trev is fishing in the Illusionist this weekend - already :o . Where there is a will there is a way! The man is a barra fishing machine!