PDA

View Full Version : boat floor covering

perko
20-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Has anyone got some tips on good floor covering for a fiberglass boat. I don't like carpet or the clip in foam squares. Something maybe like herron rib rubber? Any new products out there.

finding_time
20-10-2009, 07:25 PM
When you work it out Perko let me know!!! I'm still looking for the ideal!

Ian

bigjimg
20-10-2009, 09:38 PM
PVC tube matting is pretty good.It doesn't absorb blood and guts and is easily hosed off with the deck wash and everythings dries out without removal.Jim
google The General Mat Company.I think it is No 116,there are two types hollow tube and solid.

jtpython
20-10-2009, 10:21 PM
The matting they use in pubs on the floor is dear but lasts forever . Getting it thru industrial suppliers will find out where he got his for you
JT

catcrab
20-10-2009, 10:27 PM
hi guys, the pvc tubing stuff is called ( vynalite ) and is purchased from clark rubber or coastal foam, there is two types, a softer round tube or square harder style which is best imo i have now put it in 2 boats and it is great.
thanks Drew. ps if you live on the goldie go see the guys at coastal foam at ashmore, it retails for approx 85.00 pm for 900 wide, but it you push them you should get it for approx 70.00 pm ( i did ) it also comes in different widths.
thanks Drew.

Pommy Matt
21-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Have a look at seadek. I put it in my boat and it is excellent. Not cheap but very easy to install, looks good, feels good, doesn't get hot etc. Durability OK. Can be made to look very nice if you cut the edges with a router like some boat builders do OEM in the states. I got mine in from the states but I believe there is an Aussie distributor now.