PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose

MorganK
20-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Righto, Me and a mate are buying a boat and are having alot of trouble choosing. We have narrowed it down to these few contenders.

Brooker 4.1m Fisherman Centre Console

Anglapro Bandit 424

Clark 4.1m Abalone Centre console

We want a centre console and probably a 40hp engine. We do alot of estuary and bay fishing. Just need to stay under probably 13k and more money left over the better, thats why Im liking the look of the Brooker for only $9950 for BMT package with a 30hp. I like the Anglapro aswell but it is getting close to the budget and no QLD dealer so freight is $1000 blowing the budget.

Opinions on them please nothing bias just give me the truth. It will only be the two of us fishing maybe an extra if we feel generous.

Thnx Morgs

Noelm
20-10-2009, 01:17 PM
kind of reckon a 4.1 with two blokes and a bit of gear is going to be right on the min power with only 30HP, all the boats mentioned will be OK, go for the one that gives you the most "extras" for free (and at least a 40HP) and don't over look the quality of the trailer, you can get some pretty sh!t trailers under that size package!

MorganK
20-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Thnx. I emailed anglapro and they now reckon goodtime marine will freight it for free. Thats what i wanted to hear because I really like that Bandit.

I didnt think of the trailer either I suppose its a integral part of the package that flys under the radar for alot of people looking at boats.

What should I be looking for in a good trailer?

Noelm
20-10-2009, 02:20 PM
good sized material it is made out of, decent sized wheels and tyres, quality lights, make sure it is the right size for the boat, just general stuff that they can skimp on to make the overall package "cheap" I have had a look at the Angler range and they do seem OK, kind of dodgey name for the company though I reckon.

geoffmck
20-10-2009, 05:28 PM
I have just been through the same decision making process and went for a Brooker Safari. The Fisherman c/c is the same hull with a differnet fitout. I chose a Dunbier trailer and a Yamaha 40hp, all from different dealers. Don't think you have to buy a "package" from a particualr dealer if you like other brand components. All of my feedback on the forums convinced me that a 40hp was the way to go. I think you will regret a 30hp and it will cost too much to change later.

billfisher
20-10-2009, 05:34 PM
The Polycraft 4.1 is worth a look. It will perform better than a tinnie and may even work out cheaper.

Zooter
21-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Go the plastic mate :)

you can get a new 4.1 for around the 14k mark witha 30-40 2 stroke, Bill is right on the handling. I Have come in and gone out on some wild conditions at the local bar crossing with ease, Have had a few tinnies bigger than my 4.1 turn around behind me going out. LOL :)

At the least take one for a test drive so you can see for yourself the better ride they give!