PDA

View Full Version : Double Island Point

WILD BOAR
20-10-2009, 08:33 AM
I went camping up Teewah Beach last week. I have been going there for 15-20 years. First with my parents and then with friends. I now have 2 year old twins and want to them to enjoy the area. We went there in March as well and camped towards the southern end of the camping area. I was disgusted with the amount of broken glass and charcol from fires just lit anywhere. I thought this time I would camp at the northern end of the camping area but there was broken glass there everywhere. My wife and I picked up a plastic shopping bag full of glass.

When are these people going to start to take there rubbish out with them? I don't think I will be able to take my young kids there now because of the glass.

Is anyone out there had this problem and as disgusted as me.:'( >:( >:(

TheRealAndy
20-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Yup, your not the only one.

Everytime I am up there I take home a garbage bag full of broken glass and shit idiots leave in the fire.

shano
20-10-2009, 09:31 PM
yeah plenty of glass! worst thing is the glass under the soft sand! you dont know it is there till ya step into it!
also another thing is fires that have been just covered up with sand instead of watering it, they will burn for days like this!

goat boy
20-10-2009, 10:10 PM
mate unfortunately it's been like that for a while. I always fill at least a xl heavy duty garbage bag intitially and then more during my stay. The last few years I don't even go barefoot for the risk of glass anymore......

Slider
28-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Yes, the practise of throwing empty stubbies on the fire seems still to be alive and well.

Many of our tenants in Teewah stay here because of the dangers associated with camping on the beach. Particularly young families with broken glass, traffic, hoons and foul weather being of real concern. No such worries within the village, but the banksia nuts the black cockatoos are dropping everywhere atm could be hard on some peoples feet.

Perhaps renting a house in Teewah would be a suitable option WB?

Holiday rental properties available in Teewah can be found at teewahbeachescapes.com.au or pm/email me for advice on which properties might best suit - ldines@bigpond.net.au

Lindsay