PDA

View Full Version : Sea Prowler 720 Update

NQ-FISH
16-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Here are some more photos of my 720 Sea Prowler, nearing completion. Will be fitted with twin 130 E-Tecs, Fururno FCV 585 GP7000, Chem Toilet, Electric Anchor Winch and all the bells and whistles.

Alvan

Axl
16-10-2009, 01:39 PM
NQ-FISH
Looks fantastic mate I bet you cant wait .
I to am waiting on my new rig 6-8 weeks so I know how you feel.

pilchardjones
17-10-2009, 03:07 PM
that is going to be a serious rig.
very nice
steve

nickstock
17-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Very nice mate,

What was the build time and was the build time similar to what you were told by Sea Prowler?

That is sure to be a serious fishing rig mate. Very envious!

Cheers,
Nick

NQ-FISH
17-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Nick build time was about ten weeks from when they start ,but only two blokes doing build so it has taken a lot longer but i told them at the time i was ni no hurray so iam happy with the way it is going, also they have done a lot of extra bits and pieces and has been no extra charge
cheers Alvan

samson
17-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Saw your rig the other week workmanship looked really good will be going for one myself next build as i just got a seastorm built and wasn't happy with the workmanship also how did your survey process go any drama's and did you go through a private surveyer or maritime.

NQ-FISH
17-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Survey is being done by private surveyor so far no problems but still is not finished and regoed yet but cant see any problems. you are right the workmanship of those boys is great i am very impressed.

cheers Alvan

dipster2
17-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Great lookin rig youve got coming there Alvan.

At the risk of an ETEC war of words breaking out, what made you go for an ETEC as opposed to OPTI/4 stroke?

I am always keen to hear of peoples PERSONAL experiences of buying a particular outboard (not someones brother in laws uncle's mate from down the road!!)

I was a bit sceptical about ETECS originally, but have had a chance to have a good look over them and do plenty of research and am slowly changing my thoughts.

Cheers

Daryl

NQ-FISH
17-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Daryl had a 4 stoke spent in excess of 10 grand on it in 130hrs put a bad taste in my mouth yet others dont have a problem , had an old evinrude put 400hrs on it not a problem, so to be honest i think to each thier own but know they had problems with e-tecs too but done a bit of research and if you replace, water pump about every 12months dont seem to have to much trouble with them, have another mate with 4 stroke on charter work and has just spent 15 grand on it in 200hrs, but who knows time will tell hope i have made right choice

regards Alvan

megafish71
18-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Looks really good Alvan, Im sure you will be really happy with the boat, Paul and Troy do a great job. I have been caught out in 20+ knot winds in mine a few times now, handles a big sea really well. Keep us posted with the progress, keen to see how it all turns out.

Cheers Ron

tinsanity
16-02-2016, 07:17 PM
Hi guys I know this thread is a little old but have a mate looking at buying a 7.2m sea prowler cuddy cabin and was just chasing some feedback on anyone who knows anything good or bad about these boats cheers