PDA

View Full Version : Oil for Suzuki 140

perko
15-10-2009, 09:54 AM
What oil are owners of Suzuki 4 strokes using? Anyone know what the dealers recommending?

PADDLES
15-10-2009, 10:02 AM
do you have a manual perko? it'll say it in there.

Jarrah Jack
15-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Suzuki 4 stroke 10w 40 is recommended. You can use any quality oil of the same grade also. If you are using the motor in hot weather only then the heavier 20w 50 can also be used and is slightly better in those conditions.

Spaniard_King
15-10-2009, 02:25 PM
10W 30 or 40 SG or SJ rated Non Synthetic engine oil

DAVE_S
15-10-2009, 05:55 PM
My suzuki outboard mechanic uses and recommends Mobil super 1000 15w 40

Mobil Super 1000 X2 15W-40

Mobil Super 1000 X2 15W-40 is a quality, premium mineral motor oil designed to provide a high level of performance and protection under most operating conditions. Mobil Super 1000 X2 15W-40 is meticulously engineered for today's tougher engine specifications, provides very good engine protection and can help extend engine life. Offering excellent wear protection and engine cleanliness Mobil Super 1000 X2 15W-40 is suitable for use in gasoline and LPG powered vehicles. All Mobil Super 1000 products are ideally suited for less stressful driving conditions such as highway driving and lower constant speed conditions.
Product Specifications:

Meets API SM/SL/SJ/CF, ACEA A3/B3 Approved against MB-Approval 229.1 & VW 505.00

FNQCairns
15-10-2009, 07:07 PM
I know this will be ignored such is the drama built around oils but I have been using Dello 400 in absolutely everything with a sump for near 12 years, generators, diesel engines, efi car engines, 4st lawnmowers and i would if I owned a zuk or a yam or a Honda be running it in them also. There are only upsides and when I get a new toy I feel uncomfortable until the junk that's already in it is gone never to be seen again.

cheers fnq

DAVE_S
15-10-2009, 08:18 PM
I know this will be ignored such is the drama built around oils but I have been using Dello 400 in absolutely everything with a sump for near 12 years, generators, diesel engines, efi car engines, 4st lawnmowers and i would if I owned a zuk or a yam or a Honda be running it in them also. There are only upsides and when I get a new toy I feel uncomfortable until the junk that's already in it is gone never to be seen again.

cheers fnq

I know where your coming from , i run fuchs oil in everything and the good thing is they no longer use oil but while my suzuki is still under warranty i will use the oil they recommend . Did it with the car , first day out of warranty changed over and no longer uses oil .

FNQCairns
16-10-2009, 12:36 AM
Yeah you need not give any excuse for them to deny warranty.

cheers fnq

PADDLES
16-10-2009, 08:11 AM
you're sort of backing up a mate of mine fnq, he's got an earthmoving business and reckons he uses the same oil in everything, engines,diffs, gearboxes the lot, i thought he was full of sh!t when he told me that his oil rep told him that it was ok to do this.

Spaniard_King
16-10-2009, 08:45 AM
you're sort of backing up a mate of mine fnq, he's got an earthmoving business and reckons he uses the same oil in everything, engines,diffs, gearboxes the lot, i thought he was full of sh!t when he told me that his oil rep told him that it was ok to do this.

Paddles are you saying he uses engine oil in his machinery Gearboxes??

I think your mate must be refering to a brand surely.

FNQCairns
16-10-2009, 09:32 AM

Well there is a case for it i guess, strong square cut gearing that doesn't spin like a car gearbox on the highway and difs that only ever see slow speeds, it the machinery is capable of travelling at 80km/h down the highway to it's next job I would be a little nervous about it.

One thing for sure the manufacturers of good heavy machinery do not play marketing games with their customers like all auto manufactures and aftermarket oil companys do.

The dif oils we must place in our limited slip difs are not that all that far removed from an engine oil.

cheers fnq

PADDLES
16-10-2009, 10:43 AM
yep, sure am. i don't think he has any machinery with gearboxes garry (he has just had excavators and bobcats) plus i doubt whether his truck would have a lsd but he uses the same type of oil in the whole lot (engine/gearbox/diffs) and doesn't seem to have failures either. it's the engine oil he uses.

Smithy
17-10-2009, 10:16 AM
My mobile guy is using Fuchs stuff for everything. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't getting it from Gav at Victory Parts Kunda Park.