PDA

View Full Version : Cruisecraft Experts - Explorer or Outsider - Help ????

Dantren
14-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Can anyone explain the differences between these boats. The hull specs seem identical. Looking at 2007 vintage.

I am particularly interested in:
* Could an adult could walkaround the outside of the cabin?
* Which has more fishing room?
* Which has better resale?

Thanks

Dan.

Blackened
14-10-2009, 08:33 PM
G'day

In a nutshell..... outsider has more cabin room (length) with walk around decks... ie. less deck room.

Explorer has less cab. room and larger deck area, a touch simpler.

Dave

copie
14-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey Dan i also have been looking at these boats. Firstly explorer has the cabin area/driving position a little further forward with no walk around area, this does give a little more room in the back. The outsider has the walk around therefore the cabin area/driving area a little further back. The difference to me appears to be about 300mm and i am guessing this is why some say the outsider is a bit smoother and more comfortable than the explorer. Yes an adult can walk around. Resale i can't pick it flip a coin.
Mark

TimiBoy
15-10-2009, 05:44 AM
What size?

It's about use, too. If fishing is your bag, the Explorer will be your leaning, but if you need to keep Mum happy, go the Outsider. I did, and she is awesome in the 685, and rides a tad better than the Explorer (I am led to believe) due to better weight distribution.

I can walk around, BUT HANG ON TIGHT, and really there is more than enough cabin space. again, that's 685 though.

We fish 4 out of the 685 comfortably, but I prefer 3 if drifting.

Cheers,

Tim

O-3
15-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Can anyone explain the differences between these boats. The hull specs seem identical. Looking at 2007 vintage.

I am particularly interested in:
* Could an adult could walkaround the outside of the cabin?
* Which has more fishing room?
* Which has better resale?

Thanks

Dan.

I think the posts here have summed it up nicely.

I looked at both explorer and outsider in the 575 and 625 sizes.

I found the cabins on the explorers to be too small to sleep in so that ruled them out. There is a lot more fishing room in the explorers though.

I wasn't happy with the size of the walkaround on the outsiders so decided to give them a miss too in the end.

Resale seems to be pretty good with the cruisecrafts going by some of the prices on boatpoint etc.

finding_time
15-10-2009, 01:59 PM
I have never quite worked out why you have to walk around the front of a boat anyway???? Never quite worked out why people buy CC either, i mean they look nice, but!

ian

O-3
15-10-2009, 02:01 PM
I have never quite worked out why you have to walk around the front of a boat anyway????

You ever hooked big kings??? :D

finding_time
15-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Yep, hooked lots of big things, still dont see why going around the front helps, unless of course you get so hot you need a swim, because if you walk around the front enough holding a rod you'll eventually get one!

O-3
15-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Yep, hooked lots of big things

Kings, not things.

The ones we hook in shallow water do laps of the boat, that is the whole reason I want a walkaround.

http://www.users.on.net/~mhalls/CoffinBay2007/reefed.wmv

chop duster
15-10-2009, 04:27 PM
I have never quite worked out why you have to walk around the front of a boat anyway???? Never quite worked out why people buy CC either, i mean they look nice, but!

ian

::) now thats an odd one........

cmon! we have a center console of comparable length to Tim's boat (less beam) and consistantly fish 6 up, bottom fishing in 60-70 meters of water. The amount of people who say they don't get sick in our boat (due to 360 visibilty) is striking.

For what we want in a boat, it ticks all the box's

GBC
15-10-2009, 05:29 PM
I think Finding Time's CC jybe was at Cruise Crafts, not Centre Consoles..... I read it the same the first time round.

finding_time
15-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Yep cruise crafts, just to lazy to type the full name the first time!

Ian

Ps.

i reckon people dont get sick in center consols for the same reason people dont get sick swimming in the surf, it's something to do with being immersed in water most of the time!!!!;) ;D ;D ;D I owned a centre consol for a long time, great young mans boat:-X

business class
15-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Finding time meaning Ian.... Is trying to say you may need to learn to controll your fish better then running around the boat and I assume bye his othr comment they look nice but why????? Means they bang and rock harder then the 70s.... Have a look at the Eden craft 6m you will be impressed and also cheaper then the cruise craft and ride better in my opinion.

PinHead
15-10-2009, 06:42 PM
I like to go up to the front of the boat to raise or lower the anchor..no comments on CC at all from me.

spearking
15-10-2009, 07:11 PM
ended up buying an outsider and was suprised at how much I actually use the side decks, comes in handy for cleaning, anchor work, peeing, fishing, spotlighting, ect. quite happy with mine but to be honest I actually use my tinnie more... a time thing only.

jtpython
15-10-2009, 07:53 PM
LOL Now how did a guy asking about a cruise craft turn into a Cruise Craft slagging .
As most have said more room in the explorer but less in the cabin i have a 550 2001 model and you can sleep in the cabin with a stretched out sort leg hanging over setup but i tend to sleep on the floor .. Awesome fishing toom thou. Anthe Outsiders have a seat at the front on the hatch
JT

PinHead
15-10-2009, 07:55 PM
ended up buying an outsider and was suprised at how much I actually use the side decks, comes in handy for cleaning, anchor work, peeing, fishing, spotlighting, ect. quite happy with mine but to be honest I actually use my tinnie more... a time thing only.

what size did you get ?? and from whom ??

spearking
15-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Shopped around for about 6 months on the second hand market... its amazing the different variants, conditions and extras you will find in a cruisecraft for similar prices.
I ended up coming across a local boat point seller who had a really nice anniversary package 1998 cruisecraft outsider 550 with all the extras. I had a set budget and talked him down to the price i was willing to pay.
If you are thinking of doing similar I would suggest hitting boat point every day (the good ones don't last long), doing a fair bit of foot work and window shopping.
cheers

sleepygreg
15-10-2009, 11:43 PM
If you are wanting an Outsider for a "fishing" walkaround....then dont go the 575. the larger ones might be ok.....but the 575 is only safe to access the anchor....love the boat though...i wouldnt want to try wwalking around it trying to fight a fish in any sort of sea conditions.

My sister's CC...I enjoy fishing out of it.

TimiBoy
16-10-2009, 05:45 AM
I wouldn't walk around my 685 when fighting a fish. Not enough room. But for every other reason that trench is lovely. If the fish is that big everyone's up anyway, and we'll turn the boat.

Cheers,

Tim