PDA

View Full Version : hooker 6.7 profisherman

eureka
13-10-2009, 09:13 AM
hi
I am hoping that some one can give me a bit of a personal opinion onthe hooker 6.7 pro fisherman as I am very interested in buying one has anyone owned or used one of these boats,I live in gladstone so would be looking a trips out to mast head douglas shoals and down to musgrave island would love to hear some feed back as the nearest dealer is at hervey bay
matt

MackerelMan
13-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Hay Mate,

Can't really help as I do not own one but have seen one a few times where I launch. Beautiful bit of gear, goes great in chop from what I saw. I'm an alloy man but I would love one myself. Good luck with it.

eureka
13-10-2009, 09:18 PM
thanks mackerel man
just trying to get some opinions before I talk to the dealers as we all know whatever they sell is always the best and with a 600k round trip just for a look and maybe a test drive I don't want wast my time or theirs and at 85g's I don't want make a mistake as you can only find out so much from a single test run where someone who has had some time in one can always point out the good and the bad.
where do you launch from SEQ central QLD or FNQ
matt

MackerelMan
16-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Hey Mate,

Sorry for the delay in replying but I have been away. I fish FNQ. I thought you would get some good oil on the Hooker here but it seems quiet! Next time I see the boat I know I will have a yarn to the owner he might be happy to give you a ring or something. Anyhow I will see what I can do.

They are not cheap I suppose but I think you get a heap of boat for your coin. Purpose built for sure and they look bomb proof. They seem very stable from the little I have seen as well. Personally I would be doing the road trip and check it out. I sure would be happy with one.

cheers

neil_stessco
17-10-2009, 02:14 PM
I have been in the 6.7 pro fisherman and the 6.7wrc and mate if you can afford it buy one, the best riding boat i have ever been in. I tested it in 20knot conditions off Cairns and it performed like no other boat of that size i have ridden in.

Neil.

eureka
19-10-2009, 09:00 PM
thanks niel for the reply that was the feed back I was looking for not that it is a great boat, but what someone who has been in one and what they thought about it have booked in for a test run on friday at hervey bay hope its blowing hard so we can really put it through its paces.
mat

nickstock
20-10-2009, 07:13 AM
G'day mate,

The bigger Hookers are a sexy bit of gear. They are well liked in northern waters and seem to be able to handle the chop very well.

The do need the max hp rated on the hull to get the most out of them though.

Is there any reason why you are buying brand new? I looked at (and now wish I bought it) one with 56 hours on the clock for under 50K.

Look at second hand before you buy mate, a far better option. If you are worried about hull warranty ect as the reason for buuying new, you cannot brake a 10 year old Hooker hull so your laughing:D

Cheers,
Nick

eureka
20-10-2009, 01:32 PM
thanks nick
the reason for buying new is that it will be built for 2c survey if I can find a excellent 2008 or later second hand with 2c I will definatly look at it.
there is a nice one in sydney for just under 60k but no trailer so add 10k for that and it will save me 10-15 off new but not in 2c survey