PDA

View Full Version : 130 yamaha ? and boat ?

joe 09
11-10-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm thinking of up grading my motor off the yalta 555.At the moment to has a 130 Yamaha with approx hours,question is what would be a fair price if was to sell it privately.

Or

Would i be better off selling the boat and buying one with 150 four stroke already.if so what price do you think i should start it at.
Details below:

Yamaha 130 (salt water) Outboard
Booker Tandem Trailer - Rollers on every cross member and self centering rollers
Bimini all the way to the back
Front & Side Clears
Rocket Launcher
Navigation Lights
Compass
CD/Mp3 Player with Speakers
Privacy Curtain
Porta-Potti Toilet
Bilge pump - Automatic float switch
Fuel Tank - 150ltrs +60ltrs more now
HDS 7 GPS
HDS 5 fish Finder with 1Kw transducer
EP10 fuel flow meter
Nmea 2000 network
2x Battery and Box including isolation switch
2x 8 Gang Switch Panel
bait board with incorporated rod holders
4x stainless rod holders mounted in gunwale
one Rear Esky and one Seats
High Pressure deck wash
Two live bait tank both plumb and both with,pump and timer.
s/s ladder
electric winch
2x150 spot lights on front bow rail
Plus boat cover made ot fit

And a AUSFISH.com.au stickers on the side

PM me if you prefer

littlemac
11-10-2009, 10:32 PM
hey joe

go a 150 etec

cheers

brett

Noelm
12-10-2009, 08:44 AM
not exactly sure how that answered his question!

FNQCairns
12-10-2009, 08:57 AM
How attached to the boat are you? lots of boats out there re-powered with 4st and then put up for sale a year later at a to high price because the owner cannot come to grips with the loss he will now make.

If you are attached to the hull and solidly plan to keep it for another 7 years or so then splash out IMO as this is the only way to get a decent return from a 4 st repower on a rec boat.

If boats where not an emotional choice first and formost these choices would be easier to make and reply upon.

How old is the engine irrrespective of hours?? as that matters too.

cheers fnq

Skusto
12-10-2009, 05:20 PM
just done a little bit of research on boat sales, there is a yalta 555 on there 2007 model 130 yamaha 2 stroke tandem trailer similar to yours but not the same quality electroncis and is asking for 37700 so u would be similar i presume mayeb 39k? new with the 150 i think i read they are 50k with no electronics, though cant remember exactly round there so in saying that i think they would be close.

The 150 yamahas arent cheap last when we were qouting engines a month back or so the yamaha was the dearest at about 22k the suzuki was just underthat at 21k fitted

For your 130 if it is late model i would presume u would be lucky to get 9k for it? which if this would be so would make it pretty much the same either way depends if u want to go setting it all up again?

Just do some research if u are thinking about it.. if u like the 2 stroke for the power out of the hole and what not i would suggest keeping the 2 stroke and maybe put a etec or optimax on. there still good on fuel plus i think the optimaxs are quite cheap atm last i heard was around 16k for 150 im pretty sure correct me if im wrong. we have a 150 etec on our barcrusher and its great chews pretty spot on to our old 115hp yamaha 4 banger but cruises alot quicker.

http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=7745644

thelump
12-10-2009, 05:56 PM
just done a little bit of research on boat sales, there is a yalta 555 on there 2007 model 130 yamaha 2 stroke tandem trailer similar to yours but not the same quality electroncis and is asking for 37700 so u would be similar i presume mayeb 39k? new with the 150 i think i read they are 50k with no electronics, though cant remember exactly round there so in saying that i think they would be close.

http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=7745644

That boat to buy new at the moment is only $38990 same setup as shown so 37700 for 2 years old is good money. If he gets it:-/ . I reckon you have got the boat setup the way you like it apart from the motor so if you are gunna spend the clams then just put a new donk on it. I think the Opti 135s are about 15k and would be a perfect match for that hull IMO (thats what i woulkd put on mine if i had the doe)just my 2 cents worth. I think Honda900 on here traded the same motor and got 5k for it on a Suzuki 140

Skusto
12-10-2009, 06:01 PM
That boat to buy new at the moment is only $38990 same setup as shown so 37700 for 2 years old is good money. If he gets it:-/ . I reckon you have got the boat setup the way you like it apart from the motor so if you are gunna spend the clams then just put a new donk on it. I think the Opti 135s are about 15k and would be a perfect match for that hull IMO (thats what i woulkd put on mine if i had the doe)just my 2 cents worth. I think Honda900 on here traded the same motor and got 5k for it on a Suzuki 140

if u only got 5 k then u would be loking at like 17k to change over lot of money..

whiteman
14-10-2009, 08:56 PM
What's wrong with that motor? It's a classic that will perform superbly for many, many hours. Sure you'll blow a bit more fuel through the carbies but that's a hell of a change over cost for a heavier donk with higher service costs. If I swapped my 115 2s for the equivalent 4s I reckon I'd save around $25 on fuel per reef trip. We throw out that much bait each time.

Run the 130 into the ground as it may outlast the hull it's attached to!