PDA

View Full Version : monduran 132cm bruiser

tim barra master
10-10-2009, 10:10 AM
I caught this pearler sep 09 132cm 37 kg caught on 20lb line wondering if anyone has done bigger Ive heard of one bigger but no actual proof seen Tim
Two guys i was fishing with caught a fish each the same night both were close to 120cm but were dwarft by the bruiser.
side imiging shot of barra in monduran sensitivity a bit too high on my 997
no more casting to emty water for me wich would make the fly rod more appealing.

setthehook
10-10-2009, 12:06 PM
great catch! I was camped next door to all the snoring going on over there!
Again well done awsome fish! a couple of nights later a 130 was caught also and released, what made you decide to kill it if you dont mind me asking?

Dick Pasfield
10-10-2009, 12:08 PM
With those stats it's a big fish TBM, as for where it sits in the 'biggest' department the internet is awash with both rumors and similar photos. Hard to keep track now.

Reckon there might be one or two lined up to have a shot about necking it, you get that. Lots of different opinions on that issue as well.

Good on you for sticking up the pic;).

Horse
10-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Thats a BIG fish. I see no problem in knocking a farmed fish on the head if you are going to eat it. What gear and technique did you use. Well done

tim barra master
10-10-2009, 04:44 PM
It was caught on a very slow retrieve viper in gold over one of the points at night
the lure may even have stopped when the take happened
bites were mostly just at dark or just after and usually lasted for 30 min the other 11 1/2 hours proved to be a waste of time
you just had to be there when the switch was on
I dont really care that this fish will be overcome I am only trying to find out how many are being captured at this size
I kept this fish as when played out it was stuffed
disadvantage of using 20lb line

NAGG
10-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Its a big fish Tim :P

Cheers

Chris

crab man
10-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Congrads Mate thats a big fish !!!

supa29
10-10-2009, 07:53 PM
tim thats a horse mate well done heading up there towards end of month, hope i get a crack at one like that. heard a few rumours of bigger fish come out of there but thats the biggest photographed. well done mate top stuff.

supa

darylive
10-10-2009, 08:42 PM
It's a bruiser Tim. What will you do with it? Mount it?

eotbmg
10-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Great work mate. Awesome fish.
I would love to see the pic of it on a measure mat of some kind to see its length.
As for killing it ......your choice mate good luck to you. There there for your taking, if thats your bag.
Ben

nipsta
10-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Great work mate. Awesome fish.
I would love to see the pic of it on a measure mat of some kind to see its length.
As for killing it ......your choice mate good luck to you. There there for your taking, if thats your bag.
Ben

I agree with ben your chioce if you want to keep it or not and well donje what a ripper of a fish and to sucumb to a viper hey naggs

NAGG
10-10-2009, 09:17 PM
I agree with ben your chioce if you want to keep it or not and well donje what a ripper of a fish and to sucumb to a viper hey naggs

Now we know why Tim couldn't revive it ....... The poor girl chocked on the viper ::) ;D

crab man
11-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Haha classic Chris , i think it must of been jagged if a viper blew the killer blow !!! haha "sticks with trebbles" i say
Craig

poddy mullet
11-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Heres a close second.... 129cm (at awonga though) me mate dallas from Dubbo caught it

warrior
11-10-2009, 04:49 PM
magnificent fish mate i wonder how many times this fish was caught over its life time before it was finally kept it would have to be a few i would think

TinarooTriumph
11-10-2009, 05:34 PM
All those photo's look like this place of ours in the old days... litterally...

Would look great on the wall. Lets hope thats where it go's.

Theo

Steve B
11-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Nice fish tim!

That side imaging shot is terrific. Another member on showed me some laydown timber shots with barra hugging them....unreal.

thanks Steve

tim barra master
12-10-2009, 08:11 PM
here are some more interesting shots Steve
70 is of a turtle i spotted surfacing at the shore I was impressed

Steve B
12-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Tim.

Word is Hummingbird is adding a downview feature for sideimaging sounders...apparently it will be a free download for the software if you have the exisiting side imaging..there is a post on a ctive angler about it. looks quite impressive...me thinks its time to upgrade the eagle...I have been contemplating it for a while...I was going to get a lowrance, but now hummingbird is doing down imaging...I think I will lean that way.

cheers Steve

NAGG
12-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Tim.

Word is Hummingbird is adding a downview feature for sideimaging sounders...apparently it will be a free download for the software if you have the exisiting side imaging..there is a post on a ctive angler about it. looks quite impressive...me thinks its time to upgrade the eagle...I have been contemplating it for a while...I was going to get a lowrance, but now hummingbird is doing down imaging...I think I will lean that way.

cheers Steve

wait till you see the Lowrance which is due in Nov ...... apparently its pretty schmick & in HD

chris

Steve B
12-10-2009, 10:39 PM
wait till you see the Lowrance which is due in Nov ...... apparently its pretty schmick & in HD

chris

Yeah I have seen the threads and I have been pricing them OS as well....interesting...price I spose will be the key. Although I dont have a bird as a main sounder, I still have more confidence reading them over lowrance and my eagle...strange but true for me. The imaging qualities look similar in both brands.....depends on who markets the best;)

Steve

Pete62
13-10-2009, 07:41 AM
A bit in the current MF mag about Lowrance "Structurescan" with "Downscan Component" Quotes $999.00 to add to a HDS Broadband sounder.

Pete.

Roo
13-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Nice Si Shots Tim and well done on an impressive capture. Shame the old girl was stuffed but hey "thems the breaks".

Steve, The humminbird software update is only compatible with the current range sounders....:'( mines a 797 so it wont work on it>:( but it does look good.

Cheers Roo.

Tim.

cheers Steve

woolybugger
18-10-2009, 09:02 PM
132cm! well done... Most of my bigger fish caught have been on the vipers, I like the gold the best and my mate swears on the purple (see attached arial display of his favourite lure colour)

Sorry to extend on the 132cm but this one went 136cm that I got last year in Bird Bay on a green Arafura lure. It put up an excellent fight on 30lb braid that lasted about 25 lonnnggg minutes, I was knackered after especially the shacky legs from the adreholin.

Anyway, well done mate on the big fish, pitty about it not having the opportunity to get bigger...

tim barra master
18-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Ahh another angler for the 130 club Good one MATE the bar goes up