PDA

View Full Version : Live bait tank fit out- Could this work?

Gorms83
09-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Gday again,

Been thinking of an idea to get maximum usage out of the bench seat i have, I was thinking we can get an aluminium insert made for the main seat, and have the bait tank attached to the top of it. Have it so it is still elevated above sea level, and underneath it can be utilised as a kill tank. Maybe for beers on a non fishing day. Id like the aluminium insert to have a square sides so it is supported by itself but also have it connected to the seat supplied by the boat company for extra support. I'd like to have the live bait tank to have rounded corners for keeping the fish alive.
Instead of the live bait tank having legs as support, I was thinking it could be supported at the top, welded or bolted down on the 3 sides it connects to the main tank. Not really fussed on the size of the tank. Of course larger is better, but id like it just big enough that I can access the corner where the head of the larger fish is in the diagram bellow.

To completely empty the unit, I thought a plug in the live bait tank could be opened, to empty that water, and once it has dropped into the kill tank, the main tank can be emptied through that plug. Not sure if the final plug can be recessed so it will completely drain out the back when drying off. Not a major problem though.

I'm not sure what can be use as a plug for the two circles, or if something similar to a large bung with a thread could be used.

Can anyone see a problem with this idea?

Cheers

Dave